Sending CC Info by email


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am a little bit less knowledgable in the security area as most developers and I know I have a lot to learn so maybe this is a start. But I have a client who just came over to us and previously was sending credit card information via smtp to his email. I saw a post made here http://newsletter.logicalexpressions.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=242 about how unsafe it was to send credit card information over email. I figured this was the case, but then I had to come up with an alternative, and I am not the most knowledgeable as I mentioned so I figured I would ask the wise ones of the community! What's the best way of getting this CC info to our client, because I would rather not store it on our server anywhere as that exposes us to a lot of liability. Would an SSL certificate do the job? I don't know the specifics about SSL certificates either, but I believe they encrypt any information on a site? Or am I wrong there too?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Thanks,
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
61 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

animation progress while uploading files?
Hello, i have some website form to upload few files to server. i want to put some gif animation whi

Converting numbers to months
The porgram works -just need the last function(month_convert_ to convert numbers to months -thanks.

Need help making login verification cleaner...
I use the below to verify user login. I first check the cookie for the id, ip and a unique id. If it

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/......html/item.php on l
I do not know what is wrong with this. Hope some one can help. I do nto want to post the entire site

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

Transport data between itab and textfield on ALV event
Hallo,

I have a ALV Grid ( cl_gui_alv_grid ) and I also have hotspot click event with a h

pass form variables straight to email, no database required?
hello all,

im working on this form...

http://www.adobedayevents.com/project_request/pr

Share admin accross websites
I'm using .net memberships and roles in one of my sites, but I need to be able to share logins and p

php automatically escaping single quotes
I'm trying to test out my security a bit and I've noticed that php is escaping my single quotes. For

login page does not execute a else statement
I've created a login page using sessions.
When an incorrect user name or password is entered then

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash