simple script won't work. Please help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm new to php, and I am having trouble displaying a simple script in my web browser. My php code executes fine but the html tags in my script are treated as text and displayed on the page.

This is myscript:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

print “Opening the connection to the database server< br />”;

$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "password");

print " Selecting a database< br />" ;

$result = mysql_select_db( "databasename" ) ;

if ( $result )

{

print " Database selected successfully< br />";

}

else

{

print " There was a problem with the database
selection< br />" ;

}

?>


This is the output:

Opening the connection to the database server< br /> Selecting a database< br /> Database selected successfully< br />

Why are the html tags being displayed in the output?

I'm using:

php 5.3.1
apache 2.2.12
mysql 5.0.88

on fedora 10.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
346 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Ajax not working on IE 6 for Windows CE
I've created a webpage which uses the classis Ajax in following format:view plaincopy to clipboardpr

writing a screen scraper
Hello,

I'm writing a screen scraper application and want to be able to get absolute addresses

Hit counter updating once per IP - IP HIT COUNTER
I have a hit counter, for the amount of views on a tutorial.
It'll do the query and then do..

Load Animated Image while cache is serve
I have a page that loads up using cache and took about 1 to 2 minutes before it loads to the page. <

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

Get last modified date of web page
Hai All,

In php how can i get last modified date of a give web page . I have tried to g

Default TimeZone
The server I'm working with is hosted in America so all times inserted into the database are coming

column name cancatenation within PL/SQL
I have a PLSQL store procedure, and the following statement is part of a subquery
fname||lnam

Hom to make one url to open together with another url
I have a chat, which i want to be opened, as soon as the users login to the site. As it is now, when

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash