Sequencing or queuing parallel process

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Scenario is as follows
There is one parent process say P1 and 4 child processes say A B C D

Process A starts at 3:00 pm
Process B starts at 3:15 pm
Process C starts at 3:30 pm
Process D starts at 3:45 pm

Process A take 1 hour for completion and process B,C,D takes 10 mins for completion
At a time only one process is allowed to execute since these process shared some common resources so at any point of time only one process is allowed to execute. but these are scheduled job so process B, C, and D must wait till process A get completes

so process B must wait till 4:00 PM for execution
and starts at 4:00 PM
process C must start at 4:10 PM after completion of process A and B
process D must start at 4:20 PM after completion of process A and B and C
so these sequencing also should maintained

B, C and D cannot start unless and until A is get completed and user dose not know
How much time A will take so B,C and D must wait for completion of A and after A completes then and then only B,C and D execute in a same order

so how to implement wait mechanism for this scenario?

Currently i have implemented a lock mechanism where first process A will create a lock file and process B,C and D will continuously poll this lock file and as soon as process A finishes it will release a lock on and whichever process acquires a lock first will get executed first but here sequencing is not maintained and process executes randomly

so what kernel objects like event, semaphore are needed to solve this scenario.

please help to solve this scenario of process waiting for execution in a queue.

-Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
342 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

BSP Ext - tableView - Sort - NEWBIE
Hi,
I have been trying to get the sort to work. I have defined the column definitions by fillin

problem getting my contact form working
Yeah I know this is a pretty basic problem, but it's been a while since I've worked with PHP and I'm

present value of sequence?
Hi

Please help me to find out the present value of sequence?

Thanks

Retail terminologys not been altered after activing Retail System
Hi, All

After I active Retail System via TCode SWF5, the terms does not been changed, th

Prevent PHP mail( ) from appending hostname to from address
Hey guys,

I want to be able to send texts to phones via email (since each phone has their own

animation progress while uploading files?
Hello, i have some website form to upload few files to server. i want to put some gif animation whi

mails going in spam??
The mails I sent to folks in my database using mail(function) are going in spam??

Any idea ho

PHP mail() rejected by SMTP
I'm currently working on a newsletter application which is installed on a windows 2003 server runnin

Strange HTML Tag?
I recently noticed some odd HTML appear in some of the websites I host. Not all of them are run on a

How to use Ajax to verify data on a DB ?
Hello everyone, well i want to know how to check a value if it exists or not on a Data base and capt

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash