Sequencing or queuing parallel process


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Scenario is as follows
There is one parent process say P1 and 4 child processes say A B C D

Process A starts at 3:00 pm
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Process B starts at 3:15 pm
Process C starts at 3:30 pm
Process D starts at 3:45 pm

Process A take 1 hour for completion and process B,C,D takes 10 mins for completion
At a time only one process is allowed to execute since these process shared some common resources so at any point of time only one process is allowed to execute. but these are scheduled job so process B, C, and D must wait till process A get completes

so process B must wait till 4:00 PM for execution
and starts at 4:00 PM
process C must start at 4:10 PM after completion of process A and B
process D must start at 4:20 PM after completion of process A and B and C
so these sequencing also should maintained

B, C and D cannot start unless and until A is get completed and user dose not know
How much time A will take so B,C and D must wait for completion of A and after A completes then and then only B,C and D execute in a same order

so how to implement wait mechanism for this scenario?

Currently i have implemented a lock mechanism where first process A will create a lock file and process B,C and D will continuously poll this lock file and as soon as process A finishes it will release a lock on and whichever process acquires a lock first will get executed first but here sequencing is not maintained and process executes randomly

so what kernel objects like event, semaphore are needed to solve this scenario.

please help to solve this scenario of process waiting for execution in a queue.

-Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
342 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP error. Need help urgently
Hi,

I am programming a php site and have a problem that i just cant find out how to fix. When

php mysql script to find record
Hi,

Currently I have a simple table with 4 columns. A, B, C, D

If I want to find all

want to add a break after a certain amount of characters
i was wondering how to add a break in a blog post after a certain amount of characters... any idea o

Will an XHTML DOCTYPE interfere with my PHP if I'm not experienced enough?
I've read this article here: http://friendlybit.com/html/why-xhtml-is-a-bad-idea/

In a nutshe

Alternate messaging
I have 4 strings in MySQL db1

$string1 : Hello
$string2 : Hi
$string3 : Great
$strin

Strange cookie problem. setcookie dependant on where user was directed from?
Hello,

I have a website that sets a cookie when a user visits the website. The cookie holds a

PHP Session Issue
I'm having an issue with one section on my website dealing with sessions. Now I know that myself and

How do i use vars in an array
Hiya peeps!

How do I use a var in an array. You will see $id but it isnt working.


Calander Basic Spript help
hi, just starting out with PHP and have the following script:

<?php
//This gets t

Disable html within defined tags
I have a mysql database that allows users to enter content with html, but I also want to have a tag

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash