Data storage spaces in varchar2


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Trying to understand what's happening.
I am selecting a value from a table that is defined as char(16) and placing in a new table defined as varchar2(50).
If the data that I select contains spaces, ie "1234........0001" (where dot represents space), I am curious how this is stored by Oracle.
The reason I ask is because when I extract the varchar2 field out to a cvs file in contains a tab (chr 9) instead of all of the spaces.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Please explain this behavior.
Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
191 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

php forms and database navigatio
Hello,
I'm new to php and i'd like to post the following.
I have written code to get records f

Change image filetype on upload?
Hi,
I've got a form which uploads an image to the server.
Is it possible to change the image t

with clause
hi all, i have a big query that usually access the same table more than once. for example, i have s

Socket Server Response Headers
Earlier I had a post about my Socket Server, I wasn't able to get it to connect, now I can

I

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

WS-Security PL/SQL Forms
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Prod
PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - P

Weird problem with SELECT command..Help!
Hi!

It seems I'm having a really weird problem with SQL SELECT command....I have table into a

displaying email without attracting a ton of spam
Hello,

this is maybe the wrong place to ask.
How would you display an email address on a w

MySQL-PHP Query Results Help
Hello all. I'm hoping to be able to get some help in solving a problem with query/rowcount output. I

Checking if field is empty AND using !is_numeric
Hi lads,

Need to be able to display an error message (using isset?) that says "Cant lea

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash