Sendmail.php - heading error following check_input

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate some help? I am brand new to PHP and have been searching and editing code ALL day :shrug:yet I still cannot find the reason for this error in my Sendmail.php file:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/appleis/public_html/sendmail.php:3) in /home/appleis/public_html/sendmail.php on line 48

My only thought is it may be related to the function "show_error" which has a html section and may affect the browser cache. I don't know how to fix that?

The above error is occurring when all test data entered is in the correct style and fields validate. If I deliberately leave out a valid field, my check controls and show_error work properly yet as soon as they are fixed the next submit casues the heading error statement.

I am using a html form & I know all my fields in html are correct.

Any help is much appreciated, Dennis

My Sendmail.php code is as follows, the bad code line is in red:

<head>
<style type="text/css">
.style1 {
background-color: C7AEC7;
}
</style>
</head>

<?php
/* Set e-mail recipient */
$myemail = "myname@mydomain.com.au";
/* Instead of captcha use this access code, set in my html form for the euser to enter.*/
if (strtolower($_POST['accesscode']) != 'apple') {die('Wrong access code, Use Back Browser button and re-enter code');}

/* Check all form inputs using check_input function */
$firstname = check_input($_REQUEST['first_name'], "Please Enter First Name with NO spaces or numbers. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$lastname = check_input($_REQUEST['last_name'], "Please Enter Last Name with NO spaces or numbers. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$street = $_REQUEST['street_no'] ;
$suburb = check_input($_REQUEST['suburb']) ;
$state = check_input($_REQUEST['state']) ;
$pcode = $_REQUEST['pcode'] ;
$country = check_input($_REQUEST['ctry']) ;
$phone = check_input($_REQUEST['phone_no'], "Please Enter a contact Phone number. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$email = check_input($_REQUEST['email'],"Please Re- Enter your Email Address, ensuring you check the format. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$cottage = $_REQUEST['cottage'] ;
$arr_day = check_input($_REQUEST['arr_day'], "Please Enter a valid Arrival day. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$arr_date = check_input($_REQUEST['arr_date'], "Please Enter a valid Arrival date. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$arr_month = check_input($_REQUEST['arr_month'], "Please Enter a valid Arrival month. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$arr_year = check_input($_REQUEST['arr_year'], "Please Enter a valid Arrival year. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$dep_day = check_input($_REQUEST['dep_day'], "Please Enter a valid Departure day. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$dep_date = check_input($_REQUEST['dep_date'], "Please Enter a valid Departure date. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$dep_month = check_input($_REQUEST['dep_month'], "Please Enter a valid Departure month. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$dep_year = check_input($_REQUEST['dep_year'], "Please Enter a valid Departure year. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$adults = check_input($_REQUEST['adult_guests_num'], "Please Enter a number of Adult Guests. Please press the BACK button in your browser and try again.") ;
$children = $_REQUEST['child_guests_num'] ;
$message = check_input($_REQUEST['additional_info']) ;

/* Check if e-mail is valid structure, if not show error message */
if (!preg_match("/([w-]+@[w-]+.[w-]+)/", $email))
{
show_error("E-mail address not valid");
}
/* Send the message using mail() function */
mail( $myemail, "Enquiry for Accommodation", "From: $email", "$firstname $lastname, n$street, $suburb, n$state. $pcode nCountry: $country nPh: $phone nPreferred Cottage: $cottagen nArrival Date: $arr_day $arr_date/$arr_month/$arr_yearn nDepart Date: $dep_day $dep_date/$dep_month/$dep_year
nAdults: $adultsn nChildren: $childrenn nMessage: $messagen" );
/* Redirect visitor to the thank you page */
header("Location: http://www.mydomain.com.au/enquiry_thankyou.html");

/* Prepare autoresponder subject */
$respond_subject = "Thank you for contacting us.";

/* Prepare autoresponder message */
$respond_message = "Hello $firstname,

Thank you for the accommodation enquiry.

Your requested stay: $arr_date/$arr_month/$arr_year to $dep_date/$dep_month/$dep_year
Enquiry Name: $lastname
Number of Guests: Adults - $adults, Children (under 12yrs) - $children

I will respond to you within 24 hours.

Regards, Julie,

Our business & domain
";
/* Send the message using mail() function */
mail($email, $respond_subject, $respond_message);

/* Functions we used */

function check_input($data, $problem='')
{
$data = trim($data);
$data = stripslashes($data);
$data = htmlspecialchars($data);
if ($problem && strlen($data) == 0)
{
show_error($problem);
}
return $data;
}function show_error($myError)

{
?>
<html>
<body>

<b><span class="style1"> Cottages - Enquiry FORM
</span>
Please correct the following error:
</b>

<?php echo $myError; ?>

</body>
</html>
<?php
exit();
}

/* this form is working and provides all functions */

?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
50 Like 36 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to sum these output values
Hi

I need sum the month totals
SELECT region_name, area_name ,SUM (CASE WHEN S

Help! refer to a friend script with captcha code
Hi guys, I am posting on here in desperate need for some help with an ongoing search I have been doi

Post PHP form to non-existing page
The company that I work for host their PHP code on IIS on a Windows server, no Apache, so no mod_rew

Login logout link help
Hi all,

Im new to php and Im having trouble creating a login/logout link for my page that dis

PHP5 - AJAX help
I've been following the tutorial on w2schools (http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_database.asp) a

Adding Different Numbers From MySQL
Basically I have a mysql database with a couple prices as the following:

Sessions work for me and not others?
I'm having a bit of bad luck with sessions. In the past they have worked fine for me, but this time

GIS appliction help
I found some tutorials in the internet to develop a map application I don't want to use google maps

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

PHP using IF to display error
i have a MySQL query and i want to display 1 thing only if the number of affected rows is >=1

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash