Error in query: Resource id #4??

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hey guys, having a minor (i think) problem here that i havent been able to figure out. long story short, im building a hockey stat tracking site for a local hockey league around here.

my problem is, i am trying to run a query using php, but the value getting returned is Resource id #4 instead of what it is supposed to be. i read around and found people saying you need to use mysql_fetch_array, which is what i am doing. let me start by posting my code:

Code: <?php
$querystats = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM stats ORDER BY team_id');
$statsresult = mysql_query($querystats);
if (!$statsresult) {
exit ('<p>Error in query.'. mysql_error().'</p>');
}

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($statsresult)) {
echo $row['team_id'];
print_r($team_id);

$querystandings = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM standings ORDER BY points DESC');
if (!$querystandings) {
exit ('<p>Error in query.'. mysql_error().'</p>');
}

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($querystandings)) {
echo('<tr><td>' . '<a href="teams.php?team_id='.$row['team_id'].'"> ' . $row['team'] . '</a></td><td>' . $row['games_played'] . '</td><td>' . $row['wins'] . '</td><td>' . $row['losses'] . '</td><td>' . $row['ties'] . '</td><td>' . $row['points'] . '</td></tr>');
}
}
?>
i believe the problem is the $querystats. here's what my table structure looks like:

here's a link to my site:
http://gamera.caset.buffalo.edu/~sstoveld/DMS315/projects/final/standings.php

you can login with: username: test password: test

the problem is on the standings page, if you hover over a team name and look at where the link directs to, it ends with team_id=

i need to get the proper team_id in the link, which is where im hoping someone can help me. ive been looking through this trying many different things that i cant seem to get to work.

if my above code is completely wrong with using the $querystats query, how can i get this to work.

originally the $querystats query wasnt there, and only the $querystandings query was being used, but the links wouldnt work because i am not selecting the team_id from the stats table. when i modify the $querystandings query to left join on stats, the loop goes through and adds about 25 entries per team, which is not what i want.

if you need any more info, please ask, i cant figure this out

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
216 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Get ID from Database when Posting with a HTML Form
I have a form I am submitting to a MySql database. Each product has an ID # attached to it that auto

need help in update query
hi
i have a dynamic form. i need help in how can i use update query when values from dynamic for

writing a screen scraper
Hello,

I'm writing a screen scraper application and want to be able to get absolute addresses

media recovery
Hi,
i startup the database i got the error

SQL> startup
ORACLE instance started.

HTML form problem
Ive made a form to that i want to send to my email via PHP. but when it send only the name's etc sen

Session login issue
I'm wondering how to fix a problem I'm having with a session-based login system

Say I go to h

Accessing element of object array
Hello

My object looks like this:

Array ( [0] => User Object ( [id] =>

Consuming third party Payment Gateway API from Procedure.
Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank all the people of the oracle forum for providi

Get last modified date of web page
Hai All,

In php how can i get last modified date of a give web page . I have tried to g

PHP form help required
Hi all! Apologies in advance for having to message the forum for help. I know you must get a lot of

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash