Displaying Multidimensional Arrays...about to put my head in a vice, PLEASE HELP


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am fairly new to PHP and MySQL and I have a problem which I have been trying to resolve for days. I just can't figure it out and can't find anything on the web that is helping me work it out.

I hope someone out there can assist.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Ultimately I want to display the data as follows (this is just an example of how I want it displayed, it does not mirror the data set below)...

<h2><a href="procedure.php?number=f1>Finance Procedure 1 - F1</a></h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="form/f1_fm1.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 1</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f1_fm2.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 2</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f1_fm3.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 3</a></li>
</ul>

<h2><a href="procedure.php?number=f2>Finance Procedure 2 - F2</a></h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="form/f2_fm1.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 1</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f2_fm2.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 2</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f2_fm3.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 3</a></li>
</ul>

<h2><a href="procedure.php?number=f3>Finance Procedure 3 - F3</a></h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="form/f3_fm1.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 1</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f3_fm2.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 2</a></li>
<li><a href="form/f3_fm2.pdf" target="blank">Finance Form 3</a></li>
</ul>

I have 2 tables (procedure_name and procedure_form). and run the following query which gives me the required data set.

$sql = "SELECT procedure_info.id, procedure_info.name, procedure_info.number, procedure_form.form, procedure_form.form_file
FROM procedure_info
LEFT JOIN procedure_form ON ( procedure_info.id = procedure_form.name_id )
WHERE procedure_info.procedure_area = '14'
ORDER BY procedure_info.procedure_area ASC";

My problem is that I don't know how to output the result set I achieve into the exampled display. my data set looks like this.

id ---name ------------------------------number --form ---------------------form_file

33 ---Referral ---------------------------E2E1 ----NULL ----------------------NULL
34 ---Employer led E2E referral -----------E2E1a ---NULL ----------------------NULL
35 ---Centre Start & Induction -----------E2E2 ----NULL ----------------------NULL
39 ---Programme activity plan & review ---E2E4 ----NULL ----------------------NULL
38 ---Inital Assessment ------------------E2E3 ----Additional Information ------e2e2_fm4.pdf
38 ---Inital Assessment ------------------E2E3 ----E2E Weekly Batch Header ---mi1_fm2.pdf
40 ---Placement -------------------------E2E5 ----NULL ----------------------NULL
41 ---E2E Health & Safety review ---------E2E5a ---NULL ----------------------NULL
42 ---E2E Health & Safety Monitoring -----E2E5b ---NULL ----------------------NULL
43 ---E2E Basic skills ---------------------E2E6 ----NULL ------------------------NULL
44 ---Leavers ----------------------------E2E7 ----NULL ----------------------NULL

I think I have to put this data into a multidimensional array but I just can not work it out.

Can anyone help me? PLEASE!!!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
168 Like 29 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Loosing changed contents when used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY
Hi,

I have used FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY in my program as below.

CALL FUNCT

SAP Logon Failed
I tried to login to SAP through MMC.

When i click start and give password.

it

Extracting Long text from message class with parameters
Hi,

I would like to extract the long text from a message class. However, the long text ha

Call db table from any PHP file
Hi,

I want to be able to call a database table that will be setup in another file called init

Table Control
Hi Guru's,

I've created a Module pool program, which contains the Table Control.

Image resize
Hi again fellers

I managed to sort out the issues with the folder,

Final hurdle is th

Data Function is Its Not working IN IE8
This is my first time to use formums. I hope i can get solution for this problem. view plaincopy to

Comma seperated implode & modifying returned string.
I have a PHP post form that posts up to 4 variables. I need whatever variables are passed to be comb

How to read posted binary data from a mobile device and post it to a web server?
Here is the senario...

I have a mobile device (MD) that posts binary data to a Web Server (WS

extract content from a website
i have written a code that will grab the content from the index page..
i would like to know how c

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash