Format String help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a textbox where a person enters an application number. the application number is 10 characters in length:ex: 000012345A0256775434
My clients only want to enter in the numbers without the leading zeros. This is fine but I want to be able to take the numbers they enter and then add in the leading zeros. So essentially I want to format whatever string they enter to make sure they all conform to the 10 characters in length whereby the zeros are added in if it is not. I thought I could so something like this.textbox.ToString("0000000000"). But that doesnt seem to work. Any ideas.?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
252 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

getAlexaRank($url) function not working
I have made a function to get alexa rank
the site is here: http://mytestsite.rack111.com/1

First root of a number
Hi,

I can't find any function in php to give me the first root of a number.
Is there any

SCO Unix
I know this might not be the place to ask, but, can anyone tell me if SCO Unix comes with PHP built

Required to login help
I'm trying to set up my site so users have to be logged into the forum to access the site.I've been

Creating XML with php
I need to creat an XML with php and have successfully produced a valid output.
The problem I hav

Need help with a mail notify function
I was tasked with setting up a site that's been prewritten. The site is basically a form that captur

Array disappearing in foreach loop
Okay, I have this problem where an array will become undefined in a foreach loop.

Here is the

PHP Blog help
Need help with posting comments in a word press blog? I have a comments page where the comments are

Best PHP Documentation generator
Hello guys!

I would like to hear from you what is the best PHP documentation generator. Perso

Pulling out some result data from MYSQL
Hey Guys,

I've built a PHP page that has a for just imagine something like registration form

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash