gettext translates ALWAYS?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm using gettext with the new version of XAMPP (5.3.0) on Windows Seven RTM (build 7600)
gettext-support is enabled.
It used to work perfectly a few weeks ago.
I'm not quite sure what changed this. Be it source changes or the new PHP version.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Now it's translating all the time to Germany although the default-language is English.

To test this, I got 2 files:

gettext.php

Code: <?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
include("config.inc.php");
echo $locale;
setlocale(LC_ALL, "eng_USA");
echo '
'.gettext('Which data is transferred by the client ?');
?>
localization.php

Code: <?php
$locale = '';

$parameter=explode ( '/' , $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
$locale_change = $parameter[1];

if ($locale_change!=false)
{
if ($locale_change=="de")
{
$locale = "de_DE";
setcookie("locale", $locale, time()+60*60*24*30, "/");// save a cookie
}
else if ($locale_change=="en")
{
$locale = "en_US";
setcookie("locale", $locale, time()+60*60*24*30, "/");// save a cookie
}
}
if (!$locale && isSet($_COOKIE["locale"]))
{
$locale = $_COOKIE["locale"];
}
$locale="en_US";
putenv("LC_ALL=$locale");//needed on some systems
putenv("LANG=$locale");//needed on some systems
putenv("LANGUAGE=$locale");//needed on some systems

bindtextdomain("messages", "./locale/");
bind_textdomain_codeset("messages", 'UTF-8');
textdomain("messages");
?>
The output is always:

en_US
Welche Daten sendet die Client-Software ?

setlocale return false for en_US. If I use the Windows-typical notation "eng_USA" then it returns
English_United States.1252 but the text will be translated to German anyways :/

I have really no clue what's going wrong.

I've put together these test-file and the local files if you want to see yourself what is going wrong. You can download it via www.ali.dj/gettext.zip
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
302 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

image upload, resize THEN submit form
Ok so I have a form that requires the user to upload an image, and then do something with that image

Add_Months not Easy to Understand
Oracle is number 1, very fast and very easy. But....
OK, I think but have a problem, only 1 pro

help with contest script
I would like to code a contest script to my site but i don't know how. Could someone just give me pu

$GPRMC and NMEA how to extract from report
Hi There,

Im a little bi lost and not sure where to start with this one, ive got a small gps

How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?
How do I replace any number of character occurences with one occurrence?

Let's say I have:

help connecting a form to php and then emailing the form
Ok. So, I made a form, and I need help to where when submitted, I get an email with the submitted de

Email Processor
I have a few questions so this post will be a larger one! Sorry, but I'm a bit of a PHP newbie so be

PHP Programming error. Please help!
Hi there,

Am making a website for a friend and have encountered a problem that i need fixing

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

do while...woes
I'm sure this is childsplay but it is stumping me, everytime i try what I think would make this work

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash