Help with page encoding issue and weird characters

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interested in and put them in a variable, I end up with a few extra weird characters in my string that I wasn't expecting. And I'm having a hell of a time stripping those characters out. Its some type of encoding issue I think because the char shows up different in IE versus FF (which it shows up as a black diamond with a question mark in it). Anyone have any ideas ?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
76 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SWF image using php?
Hello once again.

My latest en devour requires me to produce an image of a static .swf that i

why this query can delete duplicates ?
why this query can delete duplicates ? Anybody can give me the detailed explanation ?

Tha

type check while uploading
Hi Everyone,

How can I check the exact type of a file while uploading on my site?

Here

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

disabling a button server-side then re-enabling client-side breaks button postback
I have a tabbed container and a button (not in the container) on a page. If the first tab is selecte

update the selected existing records of database
Hi frndz,
I am new to php and get stuck....

Edit.php > Update.php > Updatea

Help, Base64 encoding url and decoding server side.
Hello everyone, i have a website with videos and games and also provide an embed code which people c

Login logout link help
Hi all,

Im new to php and Im having trouble creating a login/logout link for my page that dis

Multipe Dynamic Controls & AutoPostback Issue
I currently have a need to create many dynamic controls (Example Textboxes) that need to do a PostBa

if php cookie set, show code...
Hi all.. I need to figure out this little snippet right quick.. seems like it should be easy enough

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash