How do I create a 2D game "camera" to follow player?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

In J2ME programming I'm targeting MIDP 2.0 devices.

I'm using gamecanvas and I was thinking that I could create my full world (640 x 480) using a TiledLayer and then set the refpixel of the TilerLayer to the bottom right (thats where the player is going to start) and then draw it on the game canvas which I was thinking would be the full width/height of the phone screen. I can do this right?

Now my real question is... (yes I googled it but couldn't find it!) how do I get a camera like effect? Basically I want the psychical display to follow the player around in a world that is larger than the psychical display. Could I set the game canvas ref pixel to be center with my player?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
234 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

pop3 and fsockopen
So I am able to connect to the pop3 server, log in, and check how many messages there are. I am hav

Code error with Index.php
Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/runevid/public_

Collecting AOL Search Terms
I am attempting to collect AOL search terms. I know the code is correct (it works for google, bing,

shift numbers with paging
Hi

How would i be able to display 10 numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
and when I click next

Placing and array within an array then sorting it!
I have a page that runs two large mysql queries and saves the results into arrays, in php I then per

help with this code please?
Hello,

I am trying to build a remote upload script for my image hosting site.

I am usi

Help on query replacing the date
Hi Pals,

i want to replace the current date in a column to some value say C or D or any n

Option box to change variable
Hello, i need help by making a script!

I need to write a file with option box, so a dropdown

dropdown box help - open php files to textarea
Hi, I am using tinymce to edit content located in several php files. The code I attached works but i

want a code for uploading and downloading
i m trying to upload and download to my site..i need upload and download code ...i use a code for up

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash