Inserting a check in checkbox from array value


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello all,
I have a bit of code that works for a select option box, but does not work for my checkboxes. I need multiple selections on this code and I really don't like the look of multiple select option box. The code does insert the word checked on the first value in the array, but only that one box even if there are multiple values brought from the database. This works good:<select name="time">" .
$times = array("12AM" => "0:00", "1AM" => "1:00", "2AM" => "2:00", "3AM" => "3:00", "4AM" => "4:00", "5AM" => "5:00", "6AM" => "6:00",
"7AM" => "7:00", "8AM" => "8:00", "9AM" => "9:00", "10AM" => "10:00", "11AM" => "11:00", "12PM" => "12:00", "1PM" => "13:00",
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
"2PM" => "14:00", "3PM" => "15:00", "4PM" => "16:00", "5PM" => "17:00", "6PM" => "18:00", "7PM" => "19:00", "8PM" => "20:00",
"9PM" => "21:00", "10PM" => "22:00", "11PM" => "23:00");
foreach ($times as $k => $v)
{
if ($v == $time){
$select = " selected";
}
else
{
$select = " ";
}

echo "<option value="" .$v . """ . $select . ">" . $k . "</option>";
}
echo "</select>";
Why doesn't this:$formats = array("Discussion" => "Discussion,", "Basic Text Study" => "Basic Text Study,", "It Works Study" => "It Works Study,",
"IP Study" => "IP Study,", "Topic" => "Topic,", "Step Study" => "Step Study,", "Tradition Study" => "Tradition Study,",
"Candlelight" => "Candlelight,", "Speaker" => "Speaker,", "Birthday" => "Birthday,", "Men" => "Men,",
"Women" => "Women,", "Varies" => "Varies,", "Other" => "Other,");
echo "<table>";
//set 3 to 4 of you want 4 columns. Set it to 5 if you want 5, etc
$numcols = 3; // how many columns to display
$numcolsprinted = 0; // no of columns so far
//Query for display.php
foreach($formats as $k => $v)
{
if ($numcolsprinted == $numcols)
{
echo "</tr>n<tr>n";
$numcolsprinted = 0;
}
if ($v == $format){
$select = " checked";
}
else
{
$select = " ";
}
// output row from foreach
echo "<td><input type="checkbox" name="format[]" value="" . $v . """ . $select . ">" . $k . "</td>n";
// bump up row counter
$numcolsprinted++;
} // end while loop
$colstobalance = $numcols - $numcolsprinted;
for ($i=1; $i<=$colstobalance; $i++) {
echo "<td></td>n";
}
Thanks for any help.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
193 Like 45 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Calling a Procedure with IN & OUT Parameters
Hello,

I usually call my procedures using the following way

declare variable e

Gantt Chart Tool
Does anyone know of a good free gantt chart creator tool

Thanks

Help with lottery style system?
I'm working on a currency system for forums and it is going to have a type of lottery system built i

update sql when refresh - php
hi
I have made a table (attachement)

the users can update the sql database using + or x bu

php problem?
I don't think I'm stupid, but maybe I am.

I am working on a sit for a friend I am try to put

[Need Help] php timing issues
I don't know what is going wrong. I need some help with being able to set an image at 9:00am Colorad

LSB (PHP 5.3) problem with static value!
hello,

i'm having a problem. static::$text variable gets lost at some point. can someone plea

Executing an exe
Hi. I have some bizarre problem with exec (other any other method) to launch exe's. I am making a ga

FTP Programs
Here is a list of commonly suggested FTP Programs to use:

FileZilla
SmartFTP
CuteFTP

Company Code for Vendors created through Business Partners
Hi, experts!

I'm trying to set up the integration between Business Partner (BP) and Vendo

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash