Internal class functions don't seem to get executed.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi. Can someone please put me out of my misery on this. I don't write much PHP and this has me baffled. I've probably work myself into the wrong mindset with the time I've spent on this. What's happening is that I've written a class containing some functions that work fine until I try to call other functions from within them. These functions don't seem to get executed.

The following example demonstrates this:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
pagetest.php
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <html> <head> <title>Using Classes in PHP</title> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="PHP, Classes"> </head> <body> <?php include "Page.class"; $Sample = new Page; $Content = "<P>This page was generated by the Page Class example.</P>"; $Sample->SetContent($Content); $Sample->Display1("Test1: "); #$Sample->Display2("Test2: "); #$Sample->Display3("Test3: "); ?> </body></html>

Page.class
Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract <?phpclass Page { var $Content; function Display1($text) { echo "Display1 - " . $text . $this->Content . "n"; } function Display2($text) { echo "Display2 - " . _getContent($text) . "n";; } function Display3($text) { _showContent($text); } function SetContent($text) { $this->Content = $text; } function _getContent($text) { return $text . $this->Content; } function _showContent($text) { echo "_showContent - " . $text . $this->Content . "n"; } }?>
Executing pagetest.php in a browser, with Page.class as shown, works fine and produces the following HTML:
<html>
<head>
<title>Using Classes in PHP</title>
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="PHP, Classes">
</head>
<body>

Display1 - Test1: <P>This page was generated by the Page Class example.</P>
</body>

</html>

However, if either or both of the lines
#$Sample->Display2("Test2: ");
#$Sample->Display3("Test3: ");
is/are uncommented and the script is rerun, the following is produced:
<html>
<head>
<title>Using Classes in PHP</title>
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="PHP, Classes">
</head>
<body>

Display1 - Test1: <P>This page was generated by the Page Class example.</P>

indicating that the script has terminated prematurely.

Is this a limitation of PHP or have I made some stupid mistake (I suspect the latter)?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
108 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

PHP Mysql Staff Induction System
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Had a simple form script that suddenly stopped working
It was made about a year ago and had been working fine. Last time it was known to work for sure was

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

PHP using IF to display error
i have a MySQL query and i want to display 1 thing only if the number of affected rows is >=1

cURL and Sessions
Ohai.

So, I'm trying to cURL a bunch of things off of a page, and put them into a session. I'

Problem executing bash script using shell_exec
Hi there,
I created a bash script file using following code to convert doc documents to pdf using

Intrastat Report Config in ECC 6.0 - goods Movement in EU countries
Colleagues, need ur help to understand the changes require in ECC 6 standard Report configuration se

HELP with mysql_real_escape_string
I'm looking to remove apostrophes completely when someone enters lyrics but don't have a clue how to

displaying email without attracting a ton of spam
Hello,

this is maybe the wrong place to ask.
How would you display an email address on a w

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash