Lining up columns nicely.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone, I'm having problems with making columns line up properly. Here is my code:



Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
#include #include using namespace std; int main () { double price = 1; //stores the starting price double yearInt = 1; //stores the yearly interest double monthInt; //will store monthly interest once yearly interest is added double payment = 1; //stores how much is paid per month double month = 1; //month counter double paidInt; //displays how much interest was paid double paidPrice; //displays how much of loan was paid off after interest double balance ; //displays balance after payment is made double remBalance; { cout << "Please enter the dollar amount of the loan: $"; cin >> price; cout << "Please enter the yearly rate of interest: "; cin >> yearInt; cout << "Please enter the monthly payment made: $"; cin >> payment; cout << "Month Principle Interest Paid Principle Paid Remaining Balance" < 0) { month++; paidInt = balance * monthInt; paidPrice = payment - paidInt; remBalance = balance - paidPrice; cout << month << setw(6) << " "<< balance << setw(6)<< " "<< paidInt << setw(6) << " "<< paidPrice << setw(6) << " "<< remBalance << endl; balance = remBalance; } cout << "Number of months to pay off loan: " << month << endl; cout << "Total interest paid on loan: " << endl; cout << "You have a credit of: " << remBalance << endl; } }



At the moment I'm using the setw manipulator. When the program prints, it looks like this:



Please enter the dollar amount of the loan: $400 Please enter the yearly rate of interest: 20 Please enter the monthly payment made: $20 Month Principle Interest Paid Principle Paid Remaining Balance 2.00 400.00 6.67 13.33 386.67 3.00 386.67 6.44 13.56 373.11 4.00 373.11 6.22 13.78 359.33 5.00 359.33 5.99 14.01 345.32 6.00 345.32 5.76 14.24 331.07 7.00 331.07 5.52 14.48 316.59 8.00 316.59 5.28 14.72 301.87 9.00 301.87 5.03 14.97 286.90 10.00 286.90 4.78 15.22 271.68 11.00 271.68 4.53 15.47 256.21 12.00 256.21 4.27 15.73 240.48 13.00 240.48 4.01 15.99 224.49 14.00 224.49 3.74 16.26 208.23 15.00 208.23 3.47 16.53 191.70 16.00 191.70 3.19 16.81 174.89 17.00 174.89 2.91 17.09 157.81 18.00 157.81 2.63 17.37 140.44 19.00 140.44 2.34 17.66 122.78 20.00 122.78 2.05 17.95 104.83 21.00 104.83 1.75 18.25 86.57 22.00 86.57 1.44 18.56 68.02 23.00 68.02 1.13 18.87 49.15 24.00 49.15 0.82 19.18 29.97 25.00 29.97 0.50 19.50 10.47 26.00 10.47 0.17 19.83 -9.36 Number of months to pay off loan: 26.00 Total interest paid on loan: You have a credit of: -9.36 Press any key to continue . . .

I am aware I can just change setw to a higher number to make it look nicer, but I want to do more than that. If you look at where the 10th month is, the whole line is indented a little bit and doesnt line up properly with the above lines. I am also concerned that if the user enters numbers with more digits, the output won't line up properly either.

How can I make it so that everything will line up nicely, no matter what (within reason) the user enters?

Thanks a lot for any help.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
218 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ASP.NET 2.0 - Enter Key - Default Submit Button
Hi,One of the most annoying things in developing web pages is handling the "Enter key" for form subm

Pop-up Banner
Hello Friends,I need to use banner in our client site.Example: www.example.com if i enter this site

Display thumbnails as square while retaining aspect ratio
I am trying to figure out a way to make an image display as a square, for example 80x80 pixels, when

Problem with HTTP Caching...?
Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because ther

URL Rewrite issue
Im created a series of Rewrites and on page checks to make sure the correct url is being called. But

 formating when pulling data from a mysql database 
Ok so Im not to sure if this is the right thread to post in but here is my catch 22 issue.

I

How to clone an SAP ECC using bacup tape on z/os?
We want to clone our production to a different SID using backup tape.

Why Are These Functions Causing MASSIVE Memory Problems? Please Help!
Hi,

I have a script with some options.

I use regex to replace patterns in strings, but

Taxonomy? Classification? Categorisation?
Not sure if there is a way around this classification problem
I have a supplier who produces

Limiting checkboxes?
Hi guys,

I have this code: Code: if(isset($_POST['selected'])) {
foreach($_POST['selec

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash