How to create a static html menu from a database


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I have built a small cms which allows me to create simple html pages and then upload them to an ftp.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Everything is working apart from the menu, I cant get my head round how to create the menu system. The outputted file is a static html file that wont be connected to a database, so I need to retrieve the information from the database then write this information in standard html to a page before it is sent to the ftp.

I have looked through the forum and the net and can't find a solution, can anyone help?

CODE//// (which I know is incorrect, but kind of works and should hopefully show what I mean)

$page_name = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM pages WHERE page_display = 'yes' ORDER BY page_order ASC")
or die(mysql_error());


while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $page_name ))
{
$page[] = $info[page_name];
}

$navigation = <<<EOD


<li>$page[0]</li>
<li>$page[1]</li>
<li>$page[2]</li>
<li>$page[3]</li>


EOD;
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
170 Like 51 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

 formating when pulling data from a mysql database 
Ok so Im not to sure if this is the right thread to post in but here is my catch 22 issue.

I

Transaction variant for VA02 not working
My requirement is to have transaction for user to only add the output and print a sales order.

displaying email without attracting a ton of spam
Hello,

this is maybe the wrong place to ask.
How would you display an email address on a w

quick question
Hi ..

i have a question
how do i set a var so it displays via an echo
Code: $logo = '&a

SAP FICO learning materials
Hi all,
I am new to this world of SAP FICO. I have taken training on SAP FICO, but was wonderin

Frustrated php Newbie
First off, I am pretty much a PHP nub. I can read and understand the language (most of the time) so

Need help to identify this error please
:confused:Can anyone help me tell what this error message means? Maybe tell me where to look to fix

Taking an HTML form and a PHP program and making it into one working file.
Hello,

So I would like to display everything INSIDE a specific directory. In other words, I

Edit MySQL Row Using PHP and HTML Form
Hello,

Here's what I'm trying to do. Build a page where a user enters a MySQL row number in.

how to read and write into a word document using php...?
hi,
I need,reading and writting into a word document using php.




Thank u inadva

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash