mySQL and PHP search


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty new at php/mySQL and can not figure this out. Now I know that you are not going to sit there and type my whole script out for me. That is NOT what I am asking. I need pointers, links to tutorials, or whatever help you can get me. I appreciate it very much!

First off, I am recoding a site I created a little while ago in pure HTML to php. This site is a help wanted site and it has had massive amounts of hits and requests to put up listings. I have the pages to submit a listing, write that to the database, and one to show the results in a raw format. However, I am running into two problems. One is that I want to code the main page to just be a mysql query. This means that I want it to show just the company name and position available, then have a button to click to get the rest of the info about the job listing in a separate pop-up window. I can not seem to find code, tut or anything of the like about this.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Second problem, in my raw data results (plan table showing database contents) I need a link that will remove the entry. I have tried a couple of scripts and messed up my code further. I was wondering if anyone knows of something that describes this is great detail. It is all in a table.

Here is some of my code for the table with the DB contents:
Code: [Select]<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>View All Job Listings</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php

require 'dbconnect.inc';

mysql_select_db("coushatta", $con);


$result = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM jobs', $con);

echo "<table border='1'>
<tr>
<th>ID</th>
<th>Business Name</th>
<th>Contact Name</th>
<th>Phone Number</th>
<th>Fax Number</th>
<th>Email Address</th>
<th>Position Open</th>
<th>Open</th>
<th>Filled</th>
<th>Closed</th>
<th>Listing Content</th>
<th>Delete?</th>
</tr>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>" . $row['ID'] . "</td>";
echo "<td><a href='" . $row['ID'] . ".html'>" . $row['business_name'] . "</a></td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['contact_name'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone_number'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['fax_number'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['email_address'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['position_open'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['learnmore'];

if ( $row['learnmore'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}
"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['filled'];
if ( $row['filled'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['closed'];
if ( $row['closed'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['listing_content'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";
mysql_close($con);
?>


</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
110 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

shoping cart issues
i´ve wrote this and works when i add an item to, my cart, but when i want to add othrer item just

losing session vars when arriving from an email link
Hi,

I've got a confirmation script made that sends an email with a link for a user to confirm

Database connection failure
Hello All,

I am trying to create new connection to Oracle DB 10.1,
I could not see a

search function
HI guys,

if anyone could point us in the right direction of how to do this, or provide some t

highlighting search terms
well, I started this in the regular PHP section, but it no longer fits there. Suffice it to say, I'm

check how many commas the variable containing the query has between [i]select[/i
Hi...

iv made an sql table that contains id number - name of sql query and an sql query.
T

background color imagefill
Hello

I would like to ask you why I see this square in red color just in my local xampp insta

Weird problem with SELECT command..Help!
Hi!

It seems I'm having a really weird problem with SQL SELECT command....I have table into a

same querie, or a new one??
Hi guys,

I'm still working on this drop down list. I've got the actual drop down list to wor

Grids not displaying decimals, and behaving differently on different PCs?
Hello,

I coded a relatively simple MII application that allows data from a form to be add

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash