mysql_query returning boolean instead of mysql ressource


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I seem to have a weird issue with the php command mysql_query. I pass 2 arguments the query in a string format (SQL is working properly) and a database ressource which is also good. The problem is that even with good parameters, the mysql_query returns me bogus data

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
exact code that cause problem
Code: public function execute($query){
$result = mysql_query($query, $this -> ressource);
return $result;
} // execute

the full database object code
Code: class DBconnexion{

private $host; // database url/host
private $user; // database login name
private $pass; // database login password
private $db; // database name
private $ressource; // mysql ressource for database

public function DBconnexion($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass, $db_name){
$this -> host = $db_host;
$this -> user = $db_user;
$this -> pass = $db_pass;
$this -> db = $db_name;

// connect to database
$cnDB = mysql_connect($this -> host, $this -> user, $this -> pass);
mysql_select_db($this -> db, $cnDB);

// store database ressource in database object
$this -> ressource = $cnDB;
} // DBconnexion (constructor)

// getter for database ressource
public function get(){
return $this -> ressource;
} // get_connexion

public function execute($query){
$result = mysql_query($query, $this -> ressource);
return $result;
} // execute

public function number($sqlRessource){
$result = mysql_num_rows($sqlRessource);
return $result;
} // number

public function row($sqlRessource){
$result = mysql_fetch_row($sqlRessource);
return $result;
} // row

} // DBconnexion
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
311 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cann.....
hi, can someone help me with this? I keep getting this error....

Warning: session_start() [fu

background color imagefill
Hello

I would like to ask you why I see this square in red color just in my local xampp insta

Change snippet to use CURDATE
I am using time() in the snippet below, I would like to use CURDATE() and have the database setup fo

Sending CC Info by email
I am a little bit less knowledgable in the security area as most developers and I know I have a lot

Array question
Does anyone know how to create a program that takes the $ amount for 8 different departments and gi

Need help with simple code, back and forward buttons.
Basically, I have a set of pages in a folder, which have the title somephrasehere_09.php, somephrase

Using real time in php
I'm very average at PHP and im looking to introduce time to something on my site.
Its a sports si

if else problem, help please
i have this script that i made only i try to also put in a if else for for some reason the script is

making web pages for accounts
Hello, I would like to make pages for accounts on my website im making (its not a real website..im j

Something like an INI editor or a DelimitedText-Editor
Hi all,

Am very, very, very new to PHP and not sure if I should be posting this to a Javascri

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash