Stuck with preg_replace

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I'm trying to use preg_replace to remove part of the IP address submitted using a form on my website. The full IP is entered into my SQL database, but when printing it on the website I want to remove some numbers, so turn for example: 82.132.196.45 into 82.132.***.** when printed on the page.

I find preg_replace very hard to use, though, and the PHP manual isn't very helpful for those who don't know what all the /wd<>\n type things mean. I need to not only match numerals and replace each numeral with an asterisk, but get preg_replace to ignore the first two groups of numbers. I know this means telling the function to only pay attention to anything after the second dot, but don't know how.

Can anyone assist please?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
292 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help with unexpected T-STRING error
I'm a newbie and I'm still learning PHP. However this error has me stumped. I've googled, searched t

setcookie and isset($_COOKIE(name)) seem very finnicky.
I'm currently playing around with a user system with login and registration. I'm trying to use cooki

Shopping Cart
Can anyone direct me to a Simple, Basic structure of a shopping cart.
New to classes. I want to s

cURL Sending File as Post
This is a bit complicated, I'm just hoping someone else has run into this and knows how to do it a d

ereg_replace issue
hi there people

i have this code happening with regards to my wamp server. is this something

News script
Hi ...

I am not sure if this is the rite place to post this but if its not sorry

i am

Map.php
I am a complete beginner to PHP and am looking for some help with a program I am messing around with

FTP issues
Hi all,

I am currently facing some serious problems with a script and really need some ad

While Problem
i am having a problem with a while statement here is the code
Code: [Select]<?php
sess

Are sessions secure at all?..
I haven't really gotten into yet, but I was just thinking of something weird..

Lets say you h

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash