Passing Variables


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

What I'm wanting to do is when the user clicks on Arenas it will know the name of the country it's wanting to see the list of Arenas for but don't know how to pass it. I'm sure it's with a hidden input tag but if this is true where at do I place it and what do I do to option case 3 where it displays the list of arenas at?

Code: <?php
$e = <<<here
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<script src="./jscripts/scriptaculous/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="./jscripts/scriptaculous/scriptaculous.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/ajax.js"></script>
here;
switch ($_REQUEST['option']) {
case 0:
echo $e;
?>
<h1 class=backstage>Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Countries :: <a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/arenas.php?option=1', 'content'); return false;">Add New</a></h2><br />
<table width="100%" class="table1">
<tr class="rowheading">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td width="20" align="center">ID</td>
<td>Country</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM efed_list_arenas_countries ORDER BY `country`";
$result = mysql_query ( $query );

if ($result) {
$i = 0;
while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array ( $result, MYSQL_ASSOC ) ) {
$sClass = 'row2';
if ($i++ % 2) $sClass = 'row1';
printf ( "<tr class="%s">", $sClass );
print "<td valign="top" align="center" width="30"><a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/arenas.php?option=2', 'content'); return false;">Edit</a></td>";
printf ( "<td align="center" width="20">%s</td>", $row [id] );
printf ( "<td valign="top">%s</td>", $row [country] );
print "<td valign="top" align="center" width="80"><a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/arenas.php?option=3', 'content'); return false;">Arenas</a></td>";
echo '</tr>';
}
echo '</table>
';
} else {
echo '<span>There are no match types.</span><br />';
}
returnmain();
break;
case 1:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Add Country</h2><br />
<form name="addcountry" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="arenas" />
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Country:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="country" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<input type="hidden" name="newadded" value="true">
<input type="submit" value="Save Country" class=button></form><br />
<input type="button" value="Return to Country List" class="button200"><br />
</form><br />
<?php
returnmain();
break;
case 2:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Edit Country</h2><br />
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Country:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="country" class="fieldtext490" value=""></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<input type="checkbox" name="deletecountry"><span class="table1heading">Delete Country and Arenas?</span><br /><br />
<input type="submit" value="Edit Country" class=button><br /><br />
<input type="button" value="Return to Country List" class="button200"><br /><br />
</form><br />
<?php
returnmain();
break;
case 3:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class=backstage>Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class=backstage>Arenas :: <a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/arenas.php?option=4', 'content'); return false;">Add New</a></h2><br />
<table width="100%" class="table1">
<tr class="rowheading">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>Location</td>
<td>Arena</td>
<td align=center>Capacity</td>
</tr>
<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM efed_list_arenas";
$result = mysql_query ( $query );

if ($result) {
$i = 0;
while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array ( $result, MYSQL_ASSOC ) ) {
$sClass = 'row2';
if ($i++ % 2) $sClass = 'row1';
printf ( "<tr class="%s">", $sClass );
print "<td valign="top" align="center" width="30"><a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/arenas.php?option=5', 'content'); return false;">Edit</a></td>";
printf ( "<td valign="top">%s</td>", $row [city] );
printf ( "<td valign="top">%s</td>", $row [arena] );
printf ( "<td align="center" valign="top">%s</td>", $row [capacity] );
echo '</tr>';
}
echo '</table>
';
} else {
echo '<span>There are no match types.</span><br />';
}
returnmain();
break;
case 4:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Add New Arena</h2><br />
<form name="addarena" method="post">
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Arena:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="name" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">City, State:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="location" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Capacity:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="capacity" class="fieldtext140"></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<input type="hidden" name="newadded" value="true">
<input type="submit" value="Save Arena" class="button" name="addarena"><br /><br />
<input type="button" value="Return to Arena List" class="button200"><br /><br />
</form><br />
<?php
returnmain();
break;
case 5:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Arena Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Edit Arena</h2><br />
<form name="editarena" method="post">
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Arena:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="name" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">City, State:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="location" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Capacity:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="capacity" class="fieldtext140"></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<input type="submit" value="Save Arena" class="button" name="addarena"><br /><br />
<input type="button" value="Return to Arena List" class="button200"><br /><br />
</form>
<?php
returnmain();
break;
}
function arenas() {
if ((!empty($_POST['newadded']))) {
$country = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['country']);
$query = "INSERT INTO `efed_list_arenas_countries` (country) VALUES ('".$country."')";
if (mysql_query($query)) {
//success
} else {
//fail
}
}
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

login box shows up again after logging in 2nd login works
Hello,

I am having trouble on my site Lockerz.rack111.com where when you login the login box

Inserting a variable in a link
I have this code that I want to insert for my own variable but I have no idea how. This is what I wa

Need help with cin setw
I made a program here is my code:

#include
#include
#i

reating a background image
I am building a site in drupal and have a php form in it, due to certain annoyances with module buil

I need desperate help with this php code integrated with flash please
Can someone please help me with this php code which I have been stuck on for weeks . I am trying to

Best way to read this text file.
Hi.I am planning to make a small application in C# to convert the players from Football manager 2010

Problems with returning true or false in eval()'d code
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help with a problem when running eval() on a function that sho

Will this protect from mysql injection?
I do not want anything like DROP TABLE to work or any type of coding..

Heres my code.. is it

Where is my php.ini???
Hi

First off - apologies - i'm not a coder so this may sound very amateur.

I'm having

Is there a function ... auto send IP
Is there some function that can be sent to a ddns service that returns the ip address of a ddns forw

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash