quick question about System Change Number(SCN) in FlashBack Query topic


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i know tht we can get the SCN of the database using flashback concept as follows

SQL> execute :myvariable:=dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number();

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

SQL> print myvariable;

MYVARIABLE
451578

for example i made some insertions into a table after this and commit is executed. If i want to rollback this transaction thn i can use

SQL> execute dbms_flashback.enable_at_system_change_number(:myvariable);

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

but what if i dont know the SCN of the database before the transaction(insertion in to the table). If i want to rollback the database to state where i don't know the SCN of that particular state, thn how can i do tht.

i know tht we can do it using timestamp method....but i want to know how we can use this SCN concept in this situation.
Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
287 Like 23 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Is it possible to put an entire 500-page book in a database with PHP?
I am working on an intranet and I was wondering if its possible to code php with mysql to enter a fu

Javascript or not?
How many people prefer javascript/ajax sites? How many prefer the good old fashion straight php sit

PHP doesn't send my mail
Hi all, I found this and used it to send mail. Simple contact form with some required fields. The va

help with database debug pls
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/content/m/e/s/mesick/html/students/05/php/chec

Transferring session variables into MySQL
I am trying to transfer $_SESSION variables into MySQL. However there is an error in my MySQL statem

Do not allow posting of whitespace
Currently the script below works if the user does not type a name/message, but if i create a whitesp

Using real time in php
I'm very average at PHP and im looking to introduce time to something on my site.
Its a sports si

progress bar...need expert opinion of experienced webmaster
Hey guys, quick question:

I want to display a progress bar when I upload files, but I am not

Material xxx does not exist in plant xxx
Dear All,

I am working for a steel project which is repetitive manufacturing.

Will an XHTML DOCTYPE interfere with my PHP if I'm not experienced enough?
I've read this article here: http://friendlybit.com/html/why-xhtml-is-a-bad-idea/

In a nutshe

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash