Searching keywords from array

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone, Im just wondering if someone could help me with another issue im having. Im still learning PHP and I have been for a few months now, but every now and then I get stuck on small things. I hope to become a regular here, but I know I cannot contribute much at the moment while im still learning. Hopefully once I know more I will try to contribute more.

Anyways to my problem im having at the moment, im trying to search for a keyword, the keywords are stored in an array and also the strings that im searching through are exploded into an array for each line (each product is on a seperate line). Heres the main portion of the code which I need help with.

$contents = /* csv file which is being read */
$arr = explode("n",$contents);

$search = array
(
"ACCESS POINT",
"AUDIO EQUIPMENT",
"WEB CAMERA"
);

$result = "results.csv";
$fh = fopen($result, 'wa') or die("can't open file");

if ($search)
{
$i = 0;
$line = 1;
while ($i <= count($search))
{
if (strpos($arr[$line], $search[$i]) > 0)
{
$write = $arr[$line];
fwrite($fh, $write);
}
$line++;
$i++;
}
}

Ive altered it a bit to make it shorter but the part of it works when I have $search as a single keyword, however when I add the list of keywords into an array and count up using $search[$i] and $i++, it doesnt seem to search through the list of keywords for each line im searching through.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
74 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with parsing this html
Hi,
I've got some html i just need a couple of strings from.. argh, it's freaking me out. I've t

Two warning messages
Quote<b>Warning</b>: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to

Internal Server Error issues
This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but e

socket communication between c++/java and sending image
hi,

i have a class in c++ called win32_sockserver which creates socket to java. i am trying

Remore client postprocessing phase getting dump SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC
Hello Expects,I have started remore client copy. Data was copied successfully. but while running pos

does anyone know a php script to send mail using gmails/googles free smtp server
cause i heard u can do that but i dont know how

Need help with cin setw
I made a program here is my code:

#include
#include
#i

Need help/w Page: 1,2,3,4 function!
So I have this code im working on where it's ment to display seperate pages having 20 logs each
I

Problem with php's rename function
So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempt

unexpected T_STRING
error log "[Sat Jan 09 18:27:58 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error: syntax error

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash