Searching keywords from array


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello everyone, Im just wondering if someone could help me with another issue im having. Im still learning PHP and I have been for a few months now, but every now and then I get stuck on small things. I hope to become a regular here, but I know I cannot contribute much at the moment while im still learning. Hopefully once I know more I will try to contribute more.

Anyways to my problem im having at the moment, im trying to search for a keyword, the keywords are stored in an array and also the strings that im searching through are exploded into an array for each line (each product is on a seperate line). Heres the main portion of the code which I need help with.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$contents = /* csv file which is being read */
$arr = explode("n",$contents);

$search = array
(
"ACCESS POINT",
"AUDIO EQUIPMENT",
"WEB CAMERA"
);

$result = "results.csv";
$fh = fopen($result, 'wa') or die("can't open file");

if ($search)
{
$i = 0;
$line = 1;
while ($i <= count($search))
{
if (strpos($arr[$line], $search[$i]) > 0)
{
$write = $arr[$line];
fwrite($fh, $write);
}
$line++;
$i++;
}
}

Ive altered it a bit to make it shorter but the part of it works when I have $search as a single keyword, however when I add the list of keywords into an array and count up using $search[$i] and $i++, it doesnt seem to search through the list of keywords for each line im searching through.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
74 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

check_changed_data - I can't get data from the called method event
I use check_changed_data to trigger my event method.

The method delivers er_changed_data.

PHP onsubmit in the form not going to the fuction.
I have a form through ‘onsubmit’ calling a function validation(). But not going to the

PHP template help
Ok, I don't know if anyone can help me but I am using PHP templates to make a site. I am a newbie an

Securing a user input - need some confirmation
Hello All,

I am in the process of recoding a large proportion of an e-commerce site, one of t

Transferring session variables into MySQL
I am trying to transfer $_SESSION variables into MySQL. However there is an error in my MySQL statem

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

How to ... (FAQs)
... get e-mail notifications As several people asked how to get e-mail notifications when new posti

Hit counter updating once per IP - IP HIT COUNTER
I have a hit counter, for the amount of views on a tutorial.
It'll do the query and then do..

Referential Integrity problem when inserting into 2 tables at same time
Hello Everyone,

Im relativity new to PHP and MySQL and i have come up against a problem. i h

Email logic not working
I would like to send an email using the php email() function then if it does execute i.e sends i wou

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash