TemplatePower & AJAX

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is based on TemplatePower) and I have encountered a problem:

I have a block which holds a message-div. This block is called upon (with the ->newBlock() method) by my message class. This way of showing message has worked great up until now (because every time a message should been shown, the page should be reloaded anyway).

But now I want to show a message when I click on a checkbox WITHOUT reloading the page. As I expected I received following error:
Code: [Select]Fatal error: Call to a member function newBlock() on a non-object in /home/www.myurl.com/message.php on line 28

And on line 28 i call $tpl->newBlock("MESSAGE"); where $tpl is an instance of TemplatePower.

As I didn't find a clear tutorial/solution for this via Google I'm presenting this problem to you guys: Is there an easy way to keep my current structure (with the template blocks) and let AJAX make use of this? Or should I rethink the structure?

TIA,

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
344 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

upload form file types....
Hey all, I am learning PHP and I am writing a script from the W3C Schools tutorials for uploading fi

gather checkbox data from form into email
Hello all,

First, i'd like to thank everyone who responded to my previous posts regarding set

ORA-01655: unable to extend cluster SYS.C_FILE#_BLOCK# by 128
Hi all,

Oracle 10g. Linux.

I'm facing the below error while trying to import a dumpfil

Is there a quick way to do this?
Hi all,

I need to create a mysql table from php that goes a little something like this

help me fix these syntax errors...
I keep getting multiple syntax errors on this script like this one:

Parse error: syntax error

How do I use ValidatorCallout extender in Login control?
Hi,I'd like to customize the look and feel of the login control a little bit. One thing I'd love to

Help building / using array
First - this is a cross-posting, if this is wrong I apologise! What started out as a MySQL query que

big pagination problem in php
<?php

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "")

PHP error on MySQL insert
I'm sure it's the simplest of issues, but I can't recall why this isn't working.

Code: [Selec

how can i expire the submitted page using session.
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i'm using "post" method.
when i submit it,data goes to

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash