Update Myspace status with CURL


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Logging in:

Code: <?php

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
class Myspace
{
function login($username, $password)
{
$username = $_POST['user'];
$password = $_POST['passwd'];

$login_url = "https://secure.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=login.process";
$post_data = "ctl00%24ctl00%24cpMain%24cpMain%24LoginBox%24Email_Textbox=$username&ctl00%24ctl00%24cpMain%24cpMain%24LoginBox%24Password_Textbox=$password";

$ch = curl_init($login_url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $login_url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 10);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) ");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "cookie.txt");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$post_data);


$result = curl_exec($ch);



curl_close($ch);
echo $result;
}
}

if($_POST['user'] && $_POST['passwd'])
{
$login = new Myspace;

echo $login->login($_POST['user'],$_POST['passwd']);

}
else
{
echo
"<html>
<body>
<form action='connect.php' method='POST'>
<input type='text' name='user' /><br />
<input type='password' name='passwd' /><br />
<input type='submit' value='submit' />
</form>

</form>
</body>
</html>";
}

?>
This works fine, the output gives me the main home screen of myspace.


Posting the status:

Code: <?php

class Post
{
function StatusUpdate()
{

$url = "http://home.myspace.com/Modules/PageEditor/Handlers/Home/SaveStatusMood.ashx";
$post_data = urlencode("status=cheeellin&mood=(none)&smiley=http://x.myspacecdn.com/modules/common/static/img/spacer.gif");

$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 10);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2)");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookie.txt");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$post_data);


$result = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
echo $result;
}
}

$post = new Post;

echo $post->StatusUpdate();
?>

This is where the problem is. I can't figure out why, but for some reason this will not suffice to bringing about a change in the status of my profile. I'm fairly certain that the cookie is working properly, as viewing the home screen with the sole use of the cookie rather than logging in works fine. Maybe there are more cookie parameters that I am missing which myspace looks for before accepting a status update?


How Myspace handles status updates(XXX = omitted data:)

Code: POST /Modules/PageEditor/Handlers/Home/SaveStatusMood.ashx HTTP/1.1

Host: home.myspace.com

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

Keep-Alive: 115

Connection: keep-alive

Hash: XXX

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

Referer: http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user

Content-Length: 94

Cookie: XXX

Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache


This is what I found out from firebug. I might just have to inspect the cookies a bit more to make sure there aren't any problems, but other than that I see no reason why the php code shouldn't work, assuming that there is a cookie in the txt file that has not expired before running such code
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to return to a previous page after running a PHP script
I'm having a bit of a melt down here because I think this should be really easy but can't work it ou

Accessing Infotype data in dialog program
Hi All
In Dialog programs attributes I didn't see any logical database field. How can I access

Are sessions secure at all?..
I haven't really gotten into yet, but I was just thinking of something weird..

Lets say you h

server trace logs
could any one tell me from where do i get error logs in xMII??I want to check the reason for dtabase

How do I give a developer access to a specific directory and nothing else?
I want to give a develop access to a specific directory and nothing else

I can give them an F

WHYISNT THIS MYSQL STATEMNT NOT WORKING? (php)
caps because its absolutely rediculous.
i dontunderstand why its not working. there is a column c

error help - Dynamic Image
I've been working on making my site less cluttered in the directories and more secure lately. In an

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Need help with a mail notify function
I was tasked with setting up a site that's been prewritten. The site is basically a form that captur

BIG file upload!
Hey guys!

I'm trying to upload a file, it works well with smaller files but with 60mb+, I get

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash