Uploading Filetypes and placing them in seperate folders.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

first post , and asking for help im afraid. Very new to PHP, was making good progress I thought , but im stuck with this part. I have a uploading form that works perfectly and uploads everything to "uploads/images" . What Im trying to do is upload .txt or .rtf files to "uploads/text" and .jpg and .gif's to "uploads/images . I thought this wasnt going to be too difficult but im totally stuck and have spent hours trying to solve this. If anyone could help at all and show my what I'm doing wrong, Id be very very grateful!

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
This is the code as it stands. Right now, it ALWAYS goes to "uploadfail.php" and the file does not upload. If I remove all the code relating to filetype then both the text and image files succesully upload and I go to "uploadsucess.php"


Code: <?
require('connection.php');

//my_sql_real..... makes it safe against mysql injection

$title = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['title']);
$date = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['date']);
$author = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['author']);
$description = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['description']);
$type = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['type']);

$imgName = $_FILES['pic']['name'];
$imgTmp = $_FILES['pic']['tmp_name'];
$imgSize = $_FILES['pic']['size'];
$imgType = $_FILES['pic']['type'];

$maxFileSize = 200000;

if ($imgType == "image/jpeg" || $imgType == "image/gif" || $imgType == "application/rtf" || $imgType == "application/x-rtf" || $imgType == "text/richtext" || $imgType == "text/plain" ) {
$error = "";



} else {
$error = "type";

}

if ($imgType == "image/jpeg" || $imgType == "image/gif" ) {
$filetype = "image";
}

if ($imgType == "application/rtf" || $imgType == "application/x-rtf" || $imgType == "text/richtext" || $imgType == "text/plain" ) {
$filetype = "text";
} else {
$filetype = "other";

}



if ($imgSize > $maxFileSize) {
$error = "size";
}

if ($error == "" && $imgName != "" && $filetype == "image" ) {
$filePath = "uploads/images/".$imgName;
move_uploaded_file($imgTmp, $filePath);







if ($error == "" && $imgName != "" && $filetype == "text" ) {

$filePath = "uploads/text/".$imgName;
move_uploaded_file($imgTmp, $filePath);










//another securtiy measure sprintf
$query = sprintf("INSERT INTO gallery(title,date,author,type,description,path) VALUES ('%s' , '%s' ,'%s' ,'%s' ,'%s' ,'%s' )", $title,$date,$author,$type,$description,$filePath);

if (!mysql_query($query, $connect)) {
die();
} else {

header("Location: uploadsuccess.php");
}
}
} else {
header("Location: uploadfail.php");
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
271 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

What makes a script your own?
If someone finds a login script online, and changes some variable names around and some other minor

Cant display mysql data
Hey all,

I am learning php and my first goal is to create a simple CMS. At the moment I am st

How would I convert this into code using an if statement?
ES equals exam score m equals $mean s equals $total. I already coded my mean and total so I'm not g

Operating System
How in PHP or other language can I detect Operating system, ie Windows XP Home, Windows 7 Ultimate,

Little problem with form insertion in MySQL, Please help!!!
Hi!,

I'm a little bit new with php and I have a little issue here. I created a webform to ins

I am stumped
OK. Here is what I am trying to do. I have the conditions set, and if the conditions are met, I want

article site help remaining text
Hi all hope you will be fine
I am creating a article site in this site i want to put some text on

Undefined index: username HELP NEWBIE
I am trying a simple login/logout for my website. It works well with checking if the username exists

Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.
Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I

mail() problem
Hi Guys,

I've set up a contact email form. It sends the information fine, but it sends it to

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash