Why use OOP?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Can someone explain to me why I should use OOP instead of procedure based code.

Im building a shopping cart and i created and Item object already and using it to hold data for each item. But this Object just has properties. I mean what methods could there possibly be for an item.

Why would I need a Cart object either? There will never be more than 1 instance of the cart running. So what are the advantages to putting all my functions inside of a class?

Thanks, and sorry if your offended by this, im trying to go OOP i just don't see why yet.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
217 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

AJAX form submit
I recently built a form that submits data to my database with an ajax function that is called throug

issues verifying if user is logged in
I am having issues when a user logs in via asp Login control, the IsAuthenticated still seems to com

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

Redirect not working after making a POST/GET
Hi Everyone,

I am a novice in PHP. Here I have 2 pages, one page with a textbox and button an

Kill a process
I have a question - how can I kill a process from a command line or by using Oracle SQL Developer? I

Automatically Detect Phone Model for WAP Jar Deployment
Making a wap site is fairly simple, but I'd like to know if there's a way to make it so that the wap

Something like an INI editor or a DelimitedText-Editor
Hi all,

Am very, very, very new to PHP and not sure if I should be posting this to a Javascri

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Access website from only 1 computer...?
One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website

Problem with php's rename function
So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempt

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash