
Following the India-Pakistan match, a barrage of rhetoric has intensified in Pakistani cricket. Former Pakistani fast bowler and Rawalpindi Express Shoaib Akhtar initially called the Pakistan Cricket Board chairman "incompetent and ignorant," but within 24 hours, he made a U-turn on his statement and issued a clarification.
What did he say earlier?
During an interview on an Indian channel, Akhtar sharply remarked that someone like Mohsin Naqvi was unsuitable for the position of chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). He said, "If you make me chairman of a channel, how will I know how to run it? Now, there's a person who doesn't know, and he's the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board. How will the team run in such a situation?" He further added, "Do you know what the biggest crime in the world is? Giving a big responsibility to an incompetent and ignorant person." These statements caused a stir in Pakistani cricket circles.
Changed stance within 24 hours
However, Akhtar, appearing as an expert on Pakistani channel ARY News, retracted his statement and clarified. He said, "The words 'incompetent' and 'ignorant' I used were not directed at Mohsin Naqvi Bhai. It seemed as if I had said them. I was speaking in a broader context, saying that such a person can ruin any institution. I was not referring to Mohsin Naqvi, but to the top officials running international cricket. The TV channel twisted my words. In the same program, I also said that we should not say negative things about Mohsin Naqvi. He is a good person and wants to help Pakistan cricket, but he does not get the right advice." Akhtar was seen stammering and repeating words several times while delivering his statement, further fueling the discussion about his U-turn.
The real reason for his anger
Although Akhtar admitted that he was angry with Naqvi, he was not about the way the PCB was run. He said, "I'm angry with him because he took a stand but didn't stick to it. The entire community was with him. He could have asked me before making a U-turn." This was a reference to the team's backing down from its boycott stance against India during the T20 World Cup.
Taking aim at Babar and Shaheen
Akhtar also questioned the team's two biggest stars, Babar Azam and Shaheen Afridi. He said, "Shaheen isn't fit. He can't bowl above 125 kmph. Secondly, Babar Azam won't perform unless he's played as an opener. He's useless in the middle order. This format isn't made for him."
Akhtar further said, "Shadab's selection is also incomprehensible. I don't think we're suited against India. They're playing cricket 50 years ahead of us." He blamed everyone for the team's failure, saying, "We're all responsible for this - me, the cricket board, the media, everyone. We picked the wrong people and made them stars. We didn't invest in cricket infrastructure."
Ever since actor-producer Sohum Shah officially joined forces with producer Dr. Jayantilal Gada's
India defeated Namibia to win their second consecutive match in the T20 World Cup 2026 and finish
Following their defeat against India, Pakistan faces the threat of elimination from the T20 World
The Manoj Bajpayee-starrer "Ghooskhor Pandat" was officially announced on February 3rd. With this
The biggest AI summit begins in Delhi today, PM Modi says, 'The world will know our potential.'
The India AI Impact Summit is set to begin in India today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inau
Just a few days ago, news broke that Govinda had been replaced by Manoj Bajpayee in the sequel to
Gold and silver prices fell on Monday. According to the Bullion website, silver prices fell by â‚
Happiness has arrived at the doorstep of Sachin Tendulkar, known as the God of Cricket. After get
Matches between India and Pakistan aren't just cricket matches; they also embody emotions, histor
On Monday morning at 9:15 a.m., law student Prince Raj Singh shot and killed his classmate, Sande