Kuwait: The Kuwait government will give compensation of Rs 12.5 lakh to the families of Mangaf fire victims, the amount will be received from the embassy


Posted on 19th Jun 2024 11:49 am by rohit kumar

The Kuwaiti government will pay compensation of US $ 15,000 (Rs 12.5 lakh) to the families of the victims of the fire in the Mangaf area of ​​​​the southern Ahmadi province. 50 people died in this fire, including 46 Indians. Such a claim is being made in Kuwaiti media reports. According to Kuwaiti officials, a massive fire broke out in a seven-storey building in the city of Mangaf on June 12. The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in the guard's room on the ground floor of the building.

 

46 Indians died in the fire

 

196 migrant workers lived in this building, most of whom were Indians. The Arab Times newspaper reported on Tuesday that on the orders of Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Meshal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the families of the victims will receive compensation of US $ 15,000 (Rs 12.5 lakh). Citing government sources, the newspaper said that the process of payment of compensation will be completed soon and sent to the embassies of the victims. There were 46 Indians among those killed. Three other deceased were from the Philippines, and one of the victims is yet to be identified.

 

Funds are to be distributed to the embassies of the respective victims

The report said the respective embassies will ensure that the funds are distributed to the families of those affected by the fire, speeding up the process and ensuring that the assistance reaches the families of the victims promptly. "This financial assistance is aimed at helping the bereaved families in this difficult time," the paper said. The Indian government had announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the families of the Indian nationals who lost their lives in the massive fire. The Kerala government had last week said it would provide financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh each to the families of those from the state who died in the fire tragedy.

 

Among the Indians who died in the tragedy, 24 were residents of Kerala. The Kuwaiti government has launched an investigation into the incident. Kuwait's public prosecutor said on X that the investigation aims to unravel the circumstances behind the incident and find out what led to the deadly fire. A Kuwaiti national and several foreigners have been arrested on charges of murder and causing hurt due to negligence in safety and rescue measures following the fire incident.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

BJP-Congress: Why is the Modi government being 'negligent' with the Law Commission, especially regarding UCC - Congress attacks

The Congress on Tuesday said the 22nd Law Commission ended without submitting its report on the U

Bangladesh: Mohammad Yunus said thank you for India's help, told the doctors - You have a very big heart

Mohammad Yunus, Chief Advisor of the Interim Government of Bangladesh, praised the team of 21 for

'Declare heat wave as a disaster', Parliamentary committee sends a recommendation to the government regarding heatwave.

A standing committee of Parliament has suggested that the Central government should include new a

Corona: Corona spreads in 11 states of the country, Maharashtra is at the highest risk; a Health expert tells what to do

The new strain of the coronavirus has so far affected 257 people, and its effect has been felt in

'India and Russia can sink their economy...I don't care. Trump resorted to harsh rhetoric when India remained adamant on the trade deal.

Even after the announcement of a 25 percent duty and penalty on Indian imports from August 1, 202

Will Jasprit Bumrah play or be rested? Big update ahead of India vs West Indies Test series

Will Jasprit Bumrah play in the Test series against the West Indies? Indian team assistant coach

Punjab Floods: Dhussi dam broke in Ludhiana's village Sasrali, water of Sutlej river entered the area

In Ludhiana, the water of the Sutlej River is causing damage to the Sasrali area of ​​the cit

Paris Olympics: The Indian hockey team gets a shock before the semi-finals, this player was banned for one match

The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has imposed a one-match ban on India's Amit Rohidas, du

S Jaishankar: 'India is tolerating Pakistan's illegal occupation of part of Jammu and Kashmir', Jaishankar said in Raisina Dialogue.

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said that if any region has been illegally occupied for th

India's Got Latent: Neither Ranveer nor Apoorva nor time, no one reached to record the statement, Women's Commission issued a new date.

The Women's Commission had summoned Ranveer Allahabadia, Samay Raina, and Apoorva Makhija, along

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash