Do not allow posting of whitespace


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Currently the script below works if the user does not type a name/message, but if i create a whitespace with the spacebar, it will submit. How would I fix this?

message page:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php

// Get the file
$file = implode('', file ("post.xml"));

print "
<form action=post.php method=post>
<input type=hidden name=post value=yes>
<p>
Your Name

<input type=text name=name size=30>
</p>
<p>
Message

<textarea name=message rows=5 cols=50></textarea>
</p>
<p>
<input type=submit value="Post">
<input type=reset value=Reset>
</p>
</form>";

?>

action page:

<?php

$name=$_POST['name'];
$message=$_POST['message'];

// Name and Message required
if (( $name == "") || ( $message == "")) {
print "<p align=center>Please go back to complete all fields!<p>";
}
else {

//Get the file
$file_name = "post.xml";
$file_pointer = fopen($file_name, "r+");
$lock = flock($file_pointer, LOCK_EX);
$file_read = fread($file_pointer, filesize($file_name));

//$name = strip_tags($name, '');
//$message = strip_tags($message, '');

$date = date ("j M Y");
$post = "nn<ponmurt>n<p><span class=name>$name</span><span class=date> $date</span>
$message</p>n</ponmurt>";

//Paste the updated info into the file
$post = stripslashes($post);
fwrite($file_pointer, "$post");
fclose($file_pointer);

print "<head><meta http-equiv=refresh content=0;URL=index.php></head>";
}

?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
191 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

writing my own sobel filter convolution - something is wrong
I am trying to keep it very simple, I cant see anything wrong with my logic, could anybody help poin

Adding post count
How would I make it so everytime someone clicks submit on my form, their row in the database for the

Filtering Tables
Hello Thanks for any help any one can give Im very new to PHP..

I need to pull data for clien

how to configure ADS in ABAP instance
Hi All,

I am working on r/3 4.7 ABAP system.Can we configure ADS(adobe document services)

SQL Query/echo not working
Hey all,

I'm trying to run (what I thought) was a simple operation and it isn't working. I h

From Header Showing 'Unkown' In Hotmail? Why?
Code: $to = $row_GetID['email_addr'].',sales@mywebaddress.co.uk';
$subject = 'Thank you for you

values in array being escaped
I would like to submit some values - back to the same form for checking before processing...

Streaming local file from PHP while it’s been written to by a CURL process
I am creating a simple Proxy server for my website. Why I am not using mod_proxy and mod_cache is a

Multiple Options for a Single Page
For this example I want to use the Handlers option which is under Fed Admin and all the related codi

Disable html within defined tags
I have a mysql database that allows users to enter content with html, but I also want to have a tag

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash