Formatting echo from database

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So I have a database that stores First and last names, then echos them back to a website, as of now the entire first and last name echos back (John Smith) I want the last name to just display the last letter and a . (John S.) here's my code for echoing the database

Code: <?PHP
$res = mysql_query("SELECT id, DATE_FORMAT(date, '%M %D %Y') as dt, firstname, lastname, testimonial FROM testimonials ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 10");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res)) {
echo "<p align="right"><i>{$row['firstname']} {$row['lastname']}<br />{$row['dt']}</i></p><br /><br />{$row['testimonial']}<br /><hr width="80%" color="#000000"><br />";
}
?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
222 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Staff Induction System - No idea where to go from here!!!
Hi there, I'm pretty new to PHP and Mysql so could really do with being pointed in the right directi

Encrypt php code?
Is it possible to encrypt php code in files,
so that it displays a load of unreadable characters

Floating Point Precision Loss
I'm writing a program to draw a three-dimensional cube (with a corner cut off) without using any 3D

how to populate a drop down box
Hi buddies!

PROCEDURE DOWNLOAD_REPORT_FORM (report_name varchar) is begin DOWNLO

Polymorphism
Was wondering if someone could explain this a little better to me. I had always assumed that it had

Retrieving innerHTML with cURL?
Hey all (sorry I know I'm a leecher, but I soon won't be. This is my first PHP project, but not my l

IP Based Cron Jobs
I run cronjobs on my website. After one of my visitors got curious and tinkered around he realized h

need help modifying script
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to php and am having a bit of trouble modifying a script.

This

apart from cron
I need to run a php file every one hour. Is there any other solution apart from cron job?

Help: problem with Headers to download PDF file
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a script where when a user clicks a link he gets a PDF file to op

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash