retrieving more than one max key from an array?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and then i need to retrieve the keys of the top ten values.

$array1 = array($a1,$a2,$a3,$a4,$a5,$a6,$a7,$a8,$a9,$a10,$a11,$a12,$a13,$a14,$a15,$a16,$a17,$a18,$a19,$a20);

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
arsort($array1);
<? print_r($array1);?>

which yields
Array ( [4] => 74 [12] => 70 [19] => 70 => 66 [3] => 66 [10] => 63 [2] => 62 [8] => 57 [11] => 57 [15] => 50 [14] => 50 [9] => 50 [1] => 50 [5] => 50 [17] => 30 [7] => 30 [18] => 30 [13] => 23 [16] => 23 [6] => 23 )

i figured how to return the key of the highest value

function max_extract($array1) {

return array_keys($array1, max($array1));
}

$max_key= max($array1);

but i can't figure out how to get the remainder of the top ten keys (i.e. 19,0,3,10,2,8,11,15,14).

any ideas?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
143 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Something like an INI editor or a DelimitedText-Editor
Hi all,

Am very, very, very new to PHP and not sure if I should be posting this to a Javascri

get font info from a font file
hello,

Does anyone know how to get font info from a font file ... using php of course !
<

php wont update my db
hello,

sorry for posting in mysql forum but i dont know where exactly is the problem but here

Coefficient of a Restitution Hints
Hello. I was wondering if anyone can give me hints on how to write this program...

The coeffi

Hit counter updating once per IP - IP HIT COUNTER
I have a hit counter, for the amount of views on a tutorial.
It'll do the query and then do..

Strange php code found on my website
I got hacked and the following code was placed within my files:

Code: [Select]<?
/*

script is pulling more then they have....
I have this script for my game where they can change there race. This will cost them 2,500 points. H

question about header() security
is is safe to just use the header() function to redirect someone if they are, say, not logged in? or

how to get different value in second view of webdynpro?
hello guys,

In ABAP webdynpro I am trying to create one application having two views.

User feedback after MySQL query has been executed
Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out b

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash