retrieving more than one max key from an array?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and then i need to retrieve the keys of the top ten values.

$array1 = array($a1,$a2,$a3,$a4,$a5,$a6,$a7,$a8,$a9,$a10,$a11,$a12,$a13,$a14,$a15,$a16,$a17,$a18,$a19,$a20);

arsort($array1);
<? print_r($array1);?>

which yields
Array ( [4] => 74 [12] => 70 [19] => 70 => 66 [3] => 66 [10] => 63 [2] => 62 [8] => 57 [11] => 57 [15] => 50 [14] => 50 [9] => 50 [1] => 50 [5] => 50 [17] => 30 [7] => 30 [18] => 30 [13] => 23 [16] => 23 [6] => 23 )

i figured how to return the key of the highest value

function max_extract($array1) {

return array_keys($array1, max($array1));
}

$max_key= max($array1);

but i can't figure out how to get the remainder of the top ten keys (i.e. 19,0,3,10,2,8,11,15,14).

any ideas?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
143 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

links using header()
Hi All

I'm not sure where to ask for help on this but I hope someone can offer some. I'm at

Multiple while loops
I have several DB queries that I know should be returning results and aren't. I have a feeling it ha

duplicate record notification
In my database, after insertion of records, I want to know if the record inserted is duplicate or no

$get problem
Hi Guys ...

can you please tell me what i am doing wrong here
Code: <?php

Writting a script to arrange images........ need some help
Ok so here is the link

http://hmtotc.com/dev/projects/vrassociates/jeweler_dev/admin/index.ph

Problem in OnClientClick and OnClick sync
Hi,Strange and irritating problem: I have below button declaration in markup of the aspx page:

how to get sn motherboard
Hello.
I want to get serial number motherboard, cpu and else hardware.
Can You show me sam

Website Direction...
I recently used this code to try and make it so the page loads as http://www.domain.com/ when you ty

Undefined variable: adHTML
Hello:

While checking my site error logs, I've noticed one repetitive error that fills the lo

writing a screen scraper
Hello,

I'm writing a screen scraper application and want to be able to get absolute addresses

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash