SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically all of my pages. that im working on anyways..
but heres the code..... that works MOST of the time. which doesnt make sense to me and i will explain below what it did.
Code: <?php
session_start ();
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
if(!session_is_registered(mysessionvariable) || $_SESSION[mod] == "") //if your variable isn't there, then the session must not be
{$_SESSION = array();
session_unset();
session_destroy();
if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-55, '/');
}
$fullurl = 'http://www.socialemo.com'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
?>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=http://www.socialemo.com/home.php?homeredirect=
<?php echo $fullurl; ?>">
<?php
exit(); }
else //otherwise, they are logged in & do check
{$checkifrealuser = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT id FROM users WHERE username = '$_SESSION[theusername]'"));
if($checkifrealuser == 0){session_unset ();session_destroy ();exit("logged out on this computer too");}}
thats the check is does. first of all when a user signs in at my site they are given a session variable(AKA $_SESSION[mod] along with the sessions called mysessionvariable. mod NEVER IS SET TO EQUAL NOTHING it equals like a number or a word or something if u log in. i added the check if $_SESSION[mod] == "" because the other one alone didnt work all the time or something... that seemed to be working until lately i get redirected with the meta thing AND THEN I GO TO THE PAGE I CANT VIEW UNLESS IM SIGNED IN AND I CAN VIEW IT, I DONT GET REDIRECTED.? WTF?!
obviously it didnt destroy my session like it should have when it redirected me.. OR THE CHECK JUST DOESNT WORK? i dont get it.

and the other thing is ill just randomly get the message "logged out on this computer too"
which i made the second part of the script for like someone that deleted there account as was logged in on two computers at the same time... thats why it checks if the session theusername variable is in the database...?

how do i get this thing to work and why is it doing this? do i have to run a check of all of the session variable? or what?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
137 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

server trace logs
could any one tell me from where do i get error logs in xMII??I want to check the reason for dtabase

if else problem, help please
i have this script that i made only i try to also put in a if else for for some reason the script is

Retrieving Data from Two Different Databases
Hello All,

Ran into another problem and would appreciate some help! I have two datab

convert PHP array to Javascript array
I have a page that gets a request sent from AJAX, and I am trying to convert a PHP array to a javasc

Receive Rosettanet Message to SAP 4.6c
Dear all ,

My customer will send the PO details by rosettanet message , Is it

losing session vars when arriving from an email link
Hi,

I've got a confirmation script made that sends an email with a link for a user to confirm

is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections?
i was wondering is this the proper use of mysql_real_escape_string() to prevent sql injections? any

 formating when pulling data from a mysql database 
Ok so Im not to sure if this is the right thread to post in but here is my catch 22 issue.

I

HTML Viewer HIDE scrollbar
How can I disable scrollbars in a HTML Viewer control? I can't hide them. Even i have enough space b

Adding delete feature to my forum
Hello I am currently trying to add a delete feature to my forum. I believe I have everything built r

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash