SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically all of my pages. that im working on anyways..
but heres the code..... that works MOST of the time. which doesnt make sense to me and i will explain below what it did.
Code: <?php
session_start ();
if(!session_is_registered(mysessionvariable) || $_SESSION[mod] == "") //if your variable isn't there, then the session must not be
{$_SESSION = array();
session_unset();
session_destroy();
if (isset($_COOKIE[session_name()])) {
setcookie(session_name(), '', time()-55, '/');
}
$fullurl = 'http://www.socialemo.com'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
?>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=http://www.socialemo.com/home.php?homeredirect=
<?php echo $fullurl; ?>">
<?php
exit(); }
else //otherwise, they are logged in & do check
{$checkifrealuser = mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SELECT id FROM users WHERE username = '$_SESSION[theusername]'"));
if($checkifrealuser == 0){session_unset ();session_destroy ();exit("logged out on this computer too");}}
thats the check is does. first of all when a user signs in at my site they are given a session variable(AKA $_SESSION[mod] along with the sessions called mysessionvariable. mod NEVER IS SET TO EQUAL NOTHING it equals like a number or a word or something if u log in. i added the check if $_SESSION[mod] == "" because the other one alone didnt work all the time or something... that seemed to be working until lately i get redirected with the meta thing AND THEN I GO TO THE PAGE I CANT VIEW UNLESS IM SIGNED IN AND I CAN VIEW IT, I DONT GET REDIRECTED.? WTF?!
obviously it didnt destroy my session like it should have when it redirected me.. OR THE CHECK JUST DOESNT WORK? i dont get it.

and the other thing is ill just randomly get the message "logged out on this computer too"
which i made the second part of the script for like someone that deleted there account as was logged in on two computers at the same time... thats why it checks if the session theusername variable is in the database...?

how do i get this thing to work and why is it doing this? do i have to run a check of all of the session variable? or what?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
137 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP time (deadline within one week)
I have a column ['projdue'], which stores the deadline for a project.
I have PHP code and <

Do While statement
hi guys,

This may sound trivial but im new to php and as part of an assignmenti have to const

Help with captcha script needed
Hello,

I am working on a script where reCAPTCHA or a similar form of CAPTCHA will be used, f

PHP and Javascript
Hi Guys,

Im trying to load the contents of an html file into a text area for editing, this is

browse folder only
hi,
is there a way i can browse or get the directory or folder only and not the file?
i just w

Facebook status update API
Hello,

So, I'm trying to create my first Facebook application with PHP.

Basic ideas fo

Working with Dates, help.
Sooo to make a long story short, here's what im trying to accomplish.

I need to create a drop

want a code for uploading and downloading
i m trying to upload and download to my site..i need upload and download code ...i use a code for up

Whats wrong with my query?
I am trying to get this query to show the appropriate ticked vehicle roof height, unless no boxs are

php/mysql problem
Hey all,

Problem: im trying to setup a shop where people can use a drop-down list to select t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash