Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added tables to a MySQL database called "sitefeather."

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Each one of these tables has the following structure:

Code: id INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, site VARCHAR(1000) NOT NULL, action1 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, action2 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, createddatetime TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY(id), UNIQUE (site)
I would like to echo a list of "site" and "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" for the 25 most recently added rows, regardless of which table they are in. This may be tricky since the number of tables is variable. Someone advised me that I would have to use a query involving INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

John

Code: echo "<table class="samples">";
$index = mysql_query("select TABLE_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA='sitefeather' order by CREATE_TIME desc limit 25");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($index))
{
echo '<tr><td><a href="sitesearch.php?find='.urlencode($row['TABLE_NAME']).'&searching=yes&search=search">'.$row['TABLE_NAME'].'</a></td></tr>';

}
echo "</table>";
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
309 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

"From field" in PHP email form
I used a wizard to create a PHP email form. I was able to customize it with the exception of the Fr

Multiple PHP errors when clicking a link..and..removing a ghost..
Hi - I have 2 problems with a new website - homeswapvacations.com, which I need help solving.

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

Help: calling function
Hi,
Is it possible to call a php function on page close?
If yes, could you explain how and whe

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

problem with query error
First Thanks to those who helped me on my previous posts, and the following code i'm using is not mi

Find occurences of unicode characters in string
I need to prohibit filenames with everything but English characters and numbers but regexp and strin

"GROUP BY" in arrays
Well i'm looking to do something i usually could do easily using COUNT and GROUP BY if it was a sql

Create comparison matrix?
I want to create a comparison script for forum software and was wondering is there any tutorial or b

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash