Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added tables to a MySQL database called "sitefeather."

Each one of these tables has the following structure:

Code: id INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, site VARCHAR(1000) NOT NULL, action1 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, action2 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, createddatetime TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY(id), UNIQUE (site)
I would like to echo a list of "site" and "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" for the 25 most recently added rows, regardless of which table they are in. This may be tricky since the number of tables is variable. Someone advised me that I would have to use a query involving INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

John

Code: echo "<table class="samples">";
$index = mysql_query("select TABLE_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA='sitefeather' order by CREATE_TIME desc limit 25");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($index))
{
echo '<tr><td><a href="sitesearch.php?find='.urlencode($row['TABLE_NAME']).'&searching=yes&search=search">'.$row['TABLE_NAME'].'</a></td></tr>';

}
echo "</table>";

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
309 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Passing JS to PHP
So I have the following
Code: <?php
getdetails(?><script type="text/

help with contest script
I would like to code a contest script to my site but i don't know how. Could someone just give me pu

issues verifying if user is logged in
I am having issues when a user logs in via asp Login control, the IsAuthenticated still seems to com

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

Strip Slashes Help
I've got a script that i've downloaded of the net to edit multiple fields from my sql database, and

Add a sign-up feature to a flat file login script
I'm working on a flat file login script and I would like to add a sign-up feature to it with a email

Need help making a blockquote and line items conditional
I have some code I bought a few years ago that allows my clients to update content on their site usi

Internal Server Error issues
This has been bothering me for weeks and I've been trying to solve it without asking for help, but e

php title problem
Hi,

I am having a problem managing my page title with PHP.

Currently I have my <

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash