session variables not working anymore

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hello,
i use sessions to handle authentication within my site. my host has been changing a lot of settings in the server recently for "security purposes". and the technicians are pretty much clueless about what they are doing. they changed something in the configuration and all of a sudden the sessions dont seem to be working. i suspect register_globals. can anyone tell me the possible reasons for this?

they also played with the open_basedir setting and now i cant seem to be able to upload files because "/tmp" is restricted. i would appreciate it if you can tell me a workaround to it too.

/edit:
just did a var_dump on $_SESSION and it gives NULL

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
225 Like 25 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How do I know when getBounds Method is ready to be called.
I have an application that changes out stylesheets client side. Once I change stylesheet the browse

utl_file open error
i have file in the unix path

Path /popdev01/pop/popdevb/tfi/

File name

Credit card verification
I have a client who wants to process credit card transactions from his web site rather than the goin

strtotime issue
Hey all,

I'm playing around with some code, and basically the idea is:

Person changes

Can't get the unicode character
I'm trying to get some text from various parts of a file. I have converted the file to hex (bin2hex)

phph within href not showing php if change ? to &
Code: [Select]<a href="<?php echo $puser; ?>?m=<?php=(($m-1)&l

CHECK A STRING FOR ' " ' (DOUBLE QUOTES)
I am checking for delimiter (.!?) and if there is a " after a sentence then it should neglect a

Get value from Select menu
Hi!

Have tried to find the solution on the web. Don't know if there is an easy one. A descrip

Displaying a clickable playername
I am going wrong somewhere with the mysql_query, can someone please put me straight?

$playern

PHP and SMS
Hi all forum members. I am new here and am unsure what category shoild I post this in.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash