Add trigger to UpdatePanel programmatically

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,I'm working on a website which uses AJAX and Masterpages. What I have is an AJAX UpdatePanel which contains the ContentPlaceHolder on the MasterPage.However, on one page I have a FileUpload control, which means I have to add the Submit button as a Postback trigger to the UpdatePanel, otherwise the file upload will not work. I've tried doing this both from the MasterPage code file and the Page code file itself without any luck...The code from my masterpage attempt: If Page.Request.RawUrl.Contains("UploadPage.aspx") Then
Dim trigger As UpdatePanelControlTrigger = New PostBackTrigger()
Dim s As Button = page.FindControl("submitBut")
trigger.ControlID = s.ID
up.Triggers.Add(trigger)
End IfWhere up is the id for the update panel.I get an error message saying: A control with ID 'submitBut' could not be found for the trigger in UpdatePanel 'up'.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance
Filed under: updatepanel add trigger programmatically

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
345 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

why is it over writing
Code: $filepaths[] = $_FILES['new_image'];
foreach ($filepaths as $filepath)
{
$imagename =

Changes to hosting company's server has affected web contact form
I started a thread a couple of months ago about the contact forms on my client's website. Basically

A little help in c#
i am doing a simple paint program using c# i want to draw with the mouse so i wrote the code of the

Help If user voted, block them
On my Prayer request site, i let users Click a button to Pray for somone that has posted a pray, i g

Help with page encoding issue and weird characters
I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interes

ok i need to join all this pages to make 1 neat code
i have 5 pages that make up my tv guide it works 100% but i want to make it 1 page if i can or 2, i

Reg Ex
Im trying to search for the string: srv_9 (Dead ???)

I thought to use preg_match, however I d

Sending UDP Raw socket
I truly need help on this. I am trying to write a test program that simulate a network environment

str_replace help
I am thinking str_replace is my only option to filter outputs from my database to convert them to sa

Table control is disappearing from Screen
Hi Experts,

I have a screen with multiple table control(TC). Each table control has two c

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash