bit of help needed

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Im about to sort out my registration page for my website by customising a "registration" script I came across. It has about all that I need, apart from the changes that i need to make to it to work for my environment. There is one little problem that is niggling me though cos i know ill come across it if i do it wrong so want a pointer on how to get around it. My registration page has all the usual entries that you normally have to make on such a page; such as username, password (md5 style), email, etc etc. The problem I think ill be facing though, what do I do about entries such as date of birth and things. The Date of Birth (ie DoB) has 3 selections to it, obviously, dd mm yyyy in that form in 3 drop down boxes. How do i interpret that in my INSERT statement. MySQL is showing the date format as yyyy-mm-dd in my database and thats how ive set it at this moment but id like to change that so it shows dd-mm-yyyy in one field in the database. BUT, how would i insert 3 seperate fields (dd, mm, yyyy) in my registration page into one field on my database. Im hazarding a guess that this may not be possible but if it is i would like to know how.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
291 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Sessions work for me and not others?
I'm having a bit of bad luck with sessions. In the past they have worked fine for me, but this time

Consuming MII WebService in Java WebDynpro
Hello,

We are facing a strange situation...

We define a transaction in MII to

Displaying Column Names
I have a question regarding the ability to show the column names from my table/query.
What I'm lo

want a code for uploading and downloading
i m trying to upload and download to my site..i need upload and download code ...i use a code for up

Parse XML
Good day,

I use oempro software and try to parse XMLReturn but it's not working for me, simpl

Form File Upload
I've read through tons of resources and tutorials and as far as I can tell, my code is accurate, but

New to mysqli library - Multiple query problem
Greetings,

I am writing a batch program that executes 3 queries on a single page. Using mysql

Send current URL in URL with a $_GET variable problem.
Hello community,

I have created a function that gets the current variable of a page, example:

preg_match logical error
Code: <?php
$s = file_get_contents("page.html");
preg_match('/<div cla

Show message after entering data
Hello Colleagues

I would like to display messages after entering the data example: "
dat

Login   |   Register
Follow Us