php forms and database navigatio


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
I'm new to php and i'd like to post the following.
I have written code to get records from a DB and i need one record at a time to be filled in a form i created. Then the next record should be displayed after the user hits the "press any ket button". It does not work

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
PLEASE HELP !

code is following

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"


<?php

$labels = array( "user_name" => "User Name", "create_date" => "Creation Date", "password" => "Password",
"last_name" => "Last Name",
"first_name" => "First Name",
"street" => "Street",
"city" => "City",
"state" => "State",
"zip" => "Zip",
"email" => "Email",
"phone" => "Phone",
"fax" => "Fax");

$submit = "Press any key";
include("dbstuff.inc");
$cxn = mysqli_connect($host,$user,$passwd,$databname);
if (!cxn) {
printf("Can't connect to localhost. Errorcode: %dn", mysqli_connect_errno ());
}
else { echo "connection successful !";
}
/* or die ("could not connect to server");*/
$query = "SELECT * FROM customer ";
$result = mysqli_query ($cxn,$query) or die ("could not execute query");
/*$customer = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result);*/

?>

<html>
<head><title>Customer Record</title>
<style type='text/css'>

/*div {background-color:#b0c4de}*/
body {color:blue}
body {background-color:#b0c4de}

<!--
#form {margin: 1.5em 0 0 0;
padding: 15;
}
#field {padding-bottom: 1em;}
label {
font-weight: bold;
float: left;
width: 10%;
margin-right: 1em;
text-align: right;
}
-->
</style>

</head>
<body>
<h3> Customer Details</h3>

<?php
/* Loop that displays the form fields */
/* print_r ($customer);*/


while ($customer = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_ASSOC)) {

echo "<form action = '$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]' method = 'POST'>
<div id='form'>";

foreach($labels as $field => $label)
{
echo "<div id='field'><label for='$field'>$label</label>

<input id='$field' name='$field' type='text'
size='50%' maxlength='65' value = {$customer[$field]} />

</div>n";

} /* foreach*/
echo "<input style='margin-left: 33%' type='submit' value='$submit' />n";

} /*while*/
/*echo "</div>n";*/


/* free result set */
mysqli_free_result($result);
/* close connection */
mysqli_close($cxn);

?>
</form></body></html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
262 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

C++ Http request?
Code: string Response = "LOGIN_UNSUCCESSFUL"; System.Net.WebRequest request = Sy

Help with translating C code into assembler code
Hi im doing a project that moves a robot around a maze avoiding walls and need some help with conver

PHP, Arrays & A Lot Of Confusion
I've been doing basic PHP work on sites for a few years now, but I've never been tempted to learn ho

Reg Ex
Im trying to search for the string: srv_9 (Dead ???)

I thought to use preg_match, however I d

The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'
When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environmen

Sequre login with cookies.
I want to build secure login with cookies. I just want your ideas about this, your suggestions. What

How to make a input/output field with multiple lines
Hello.
I put a input/output field on the screen but I could not change height of it. I need to

[newb] Image hosting help.
Hey there, I'm new to php, I know some basics and i can code PWN, I'm only 14 but I'm interested in

Connect to database that isn't localhost
I am currently doing a small script for a company that doesn't have mySql support on there hosting.

[RESOLVED] Socket/Port remains open after app crashes
I'm having this problem with a networked app in vb.net.

If the program exits normally the por

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash