Php If in MySql query (hiding labels if a field is empty)


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Okay, I've been trying to do this for a while, and I'm finally going to ask for help so I can get the simple answer and feel like an idoit .

Anyway, I'm building a dynamic driver profile page for my NASCAR website. I have sections for hometown, driver website, spouse, etc.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
This is all displayed down the side of the page. However, if there is a single driver that has no spouse, there is still an area where the Spouse label is displayed when it is on the website.

Each page has labels going down for each field in the MySql table. These show when the MySql database is queried.

Hopefully that makes since?

Anyway, here is what I have tried and all it does is break the page.

<?php
// Connects to your Database
mysql_connect("BLAH BLAH BLAH", BLAH BLAH BLAH", "BLAH BLAH BLAH") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("BLAH BLAH BLAH") or die(mysql_error());
$data = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `BLAH BLAH BLAH` WHERE `BLAH BLAH BLAH` = 'BLAH BLAH BLAH'") or die(mysql_error());

while($info = mysql_fetch_array( $data ))
{
if (".$info['spouse']."=="")
{echo "None";}
else {echo "Spouse: ".$info['spouse'] . "";}
}
?>


Any help is really, really, really, really appreciated
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
126 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP and XML image gallery variable issue
I'm trying to display the large image on the same page as the thumbnails, to do that I'm passing a v

Scrolling news bar and MySQL
I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on. If not, I apologize. I am still pretty

Simple code help with redirects
I am trying to figure out a redirect script that detects if the browser is IE 7 and if it does, redi

getAlexaRank($url) function not working
I have made a function to get alexa rank
the site is here: http://mytestsite.rack111.com/1

Asset Transfer from One plant to another within same company code
Hi,

Please advise how to transfer one asset from one plant to another plant within same c

Display data returned from Ajaxservices!!
I have a question about displaying results using ajax. I have part of the code below.
$.ajax({

string to currency format
Hi guys...

Actually I chunk out some data from txtfile and one of the data contains amount va

Linked Keywords
I am trying to get a script that makes my predefined keyword converted to links and / or converted t

PHP referral database. I would like this form to email the referrer.
Okay, Hello I've been trolling for years. This the first time I've ever asked for php help. Normally

How could I combine these arrays??
Hello.. I'm trying to figure out a way to combine these first two arrays to get the last array..

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash