Auto-populating dropdowns and multiple forms.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Here's what I have so far:

First drop down = select a state (works)
This populates the second drop down (works)
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Second drop down = select a city (works)
This populates the third drop down with local restaurant names (not quite)

When I select a restaurant from the drop down the form is submitted but the $rest_name variable isn't carried over



Site: www.abcgreatdeals.com
Select:California, La Quinta for an example

I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just over looking. Thanks for any input.

Code: [Select]<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<?php
if (isset ($_POST['state']))
{
if ($state == '99')
{
?>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.location = "http://www.abcgreatdeals.com"
//-->
</script>
<?php
}
?>
<select name="state" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="form1.submit();">
<option value="<?=$state;?>"><?=$state;?></option>
<option value="99">Start Over</option>
<?php
}
else{
$Get_State = mysql_query("SELECT DISTINCT state FROM coupons ORDER BY state",$db_link);
?>
<select name="state" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="this.form.submit();">
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE="">Select A State</OPTION>
<? while($get_it = mysql_fetch_array($Get_State)) { ?>
<option value="<?=$get_it['state'];?>"><?=$get_it['state'];?></option>
<?
}}
if (isset ($_POST['state']))
{?>
</select>
</form>
<form id="form2" name="form2" method="post" action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<?php
if (isset ($_POST['city']) != '')
{
if ($city == '99')
{
?>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.location = "http://www.abcgreatdeals.com"
//-->
</script>
<?php
}
?>
<input type="hidden" name="state" value="<?="$state"; ?>">
<select name="city" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="form2.submit();">
<option value="<?=$city;?>"><?=$city;?></option>
<option value="99">Start Over</option>
<?php
}
else{
$Got_City = mysql_query("SELECT DISTINCT city FROM coupons WHERE state='$state' ORDER BY city",$db_link);
?>
<input type="hidden" name="state" value="<?="$state"; ?>">
<select name="city" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="form2.submit();">
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE="">Select A City</OPTION>
<? while($got_it = mysql_fetch_array($Got_City)) { ?>
<?
if ($got_it['city'] != ''){ ?>
<option value="<?=$got_it['city'];?>"><?=$got_it['city'];?></option>
<?
}
else { ?>
<option value="99">Start Over</option>
<? } ?>
<?
}}
if (isset ($_POST['city']))
{?>
</select>
</form>
<form id="form3" name="form3" method="post" action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<?php
if (isset ($_POST['rest']) != '')
{
if ($rest == '99')
{
?>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.location = "http://www.abcgreatdeals.com"
//-->
</script>
<?php
}
?>
<input type="hidden" name="city" value="<?="$city"; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="state" value="<?="$state"; ?>">
<select name="rest" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="form3.submit();">
<option value="<?=$rest_name;?>"><?=$rest_name?></option>
<option value="99">Start Over</option>
<?php
}
else{
$Get_Rest = mysql_query("SELECT DISTINCT rest_name FROM coupons WHERE state='$state' AND city='$city'",$db_link);
?>
<input type="hidden" name="state" value="<?=$state?>">
<input type="hidden" name="city" value="<?=$city?>">
<select name="rest" CLASS="formTextbox" onchange="form3.submit();">
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE="">Select A Restaurant</OPTION>
<?
while($got_rest = mysql_fetch_array($Get_Rest)){
$rest_name = stripslashes($got_rest['rest_name']);
?>
<option value="<?=$rest_name;?>"><?=$rest_name?></option>
<?
}}}}
if (isset ($_POST['rest']))
{?>
</select>
</form>
<?php
if ($rest_name){
echo "<strong>Click on coupons to print individually</strong>

";
}
if ($rest_name)
{
$Get_Coupons = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM coupons WHERE rest_name='$rest_name' ORDER BY coupon_rank DESC",$db_link);
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
83 Like 20 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Estimations and Effort
HI Gurus,

Would like to know whether SAP have a provision for carrying out the Project es

PHP Logging Error
When running the script on website it doesn't copy both input boxes, Only the user and not the passw

how to populate a drop down box
Hi buddies!

PROCEDURE DOWNLOAD_REPORT_FORM (report_name varchar) is begin DOWNLO

Multithreading in Oracle (Java, SQLJ, Pro*C,??) on 10g
I am investigating how to run a Java stored procedure in multithread mode.
I know that if I chang

Getting Subdomain Name With PHP?
I want to grab the subdomain name with PHP so I can generate database queries.

for example my

How to grab certain words ??
I am working with this API

Returns JSON.
curl http://letsbetrends.com/api/current_trends

pagination - need help on passing of search query.
Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help

Error: SQL Syntax; Line 1
Code:

<?php require "global_settings.php"; ?>
<title&g

Pagination won't carry results past page 2.
Hi all,

I've worked out my pagination script and its paginating fine until I click next from

Preventing blank or already entered values
Im trying to learn how to place a read file line by line and prevent duplicate entries and also BLAN

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash