Help: problem with Headers to download PDF file


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a script where when a user clicks a link he gets a PDF file to open or save.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
In my index.php page I have the following link:

Code: <a href="http://localhost/example/get_file.php">Click here to get the file</a>
And the script is in get_file.php:

Code: <?php
$path = '/docs/document.pdf';
$mm_type="application/pdf";


header("Pragma: public");
header("Expires: 0");
header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
header("Cache-Control: public");
header("Content-Description: File Transfer");
header("Content-Type: " . $mm_type);
header("Content-Length: " . filesize($path) );
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.basename($path).'"');
header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");

readfile($path);

exit();
?>

Unfortunately it's not working properly. When clicking on the link and either selecting 'open' or 'save' from the dialog box, the end result is always the same; the end file is about 1KB in size when originally it was 456KB and therefore it's damaged.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
243 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Sendmail.php - heading error following check_input
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate some help? I am brand new to PHP and have been searching and e

sendmail code suddenly not working
Hi Guys, I maintain 3 sites (including my own) I use the following code from a french webmaster that

PHP error. Need help urgently
Hi,

I am programming a php site and have a problem that i just cant find out how to fix. When

wav to mp3 + goDaddy
I need to convert wav files to mp3s. From what I have found so far one way to do it is to have my PH

Saas with SAP R/3
hi experts,

Is SaaS offer available in SAP? for SAP R/3? from where i can get the info a

UDP server recvfrom() always returns -1? :(
Hello all,
I am getting a very strange error in my code :( I am writing a server application in C

PHP mail() returns true but doesn't work
First off I apologize if this is a newbie question, and I generally don't like asking questions that

Force download script not handling files with spaces properly
I have a regular old php force download script, uses this code:

Code: header("Cache-Cont

retrieving more than one max key from an array?
so i have an array of 20 numerical values (0-100) that i need to order from highest to lowest and th

If a record matches an existing record do nothing
So I don't know if I should put this here or in mysql, but what my script is for is for people to ad

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash