Not showing whole name with mail () script

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I sent up a simple mail form with the PHP mail() script. One problem is when it sends an email with the form's contents, the From header only reads the first name and shows @domain.com in the From column.

Example:

A user inputs "John Smith" into the form as their name.

When the email arrives in my inbox it's say "John@yahoo.com", the domain name depends on which email I'm using, could say "John@hotmail.com" if I had a hotmail email address. It basically ignores the "space" and "Smith" in the name input part of the form and replaces it with "@domain.com".

How can I get it to put the whole "John Smith" instead? FYI: I'm very new to this, so not sure if this is considered an "easy fix" or not.

Thanks!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
96 Like 35 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

IDOC error
Hi, When i send IDOC from ECC system to MII there is no problem ECC side, i says message sent succe

Material Issuing for receiving batch
Dear All experts in MM/ PP,

Material issuing from main stores to factory is currently usi

Combining Two Queries
I have two scripts that each work fine by themselves. One is a search script with a variable that de

Problem with DB connection
Hello there! I'm new to this forum and I'm new to PHP coding also. I wrote something that doesn't ma

A WBS element with the name XXX already exists in version FREI_VERSION
Hi.
When I am trying to insert WBS element in a project, error occurs:

"A WBS eleme

Strange php code found on my website
I got hacked and the following code was placed within my files:

Code: [Select]<?
/*

tag inside php...
hi

Code: <?php
echo "<td width="$columnWidth%" align=&

Anti Spam Code
Ok where do i start? Probably by telling you I have very little working knowledge of PHP and that I

Serial number of exernal hard disk/Thumbdrive
Hi guys, I am new tio java networking concepts.Please tel me how to get Serial number of exernal

if else problem, help please
i have this script that i made only i try to also put in a if else for for some reason the script is

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash