modifying query string with no page refresh


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi everybody,
I've tried to get info about my problem all over the internet but i didn't find out what I need.
The question is: how can I modify the querystring in PHP with no page refresh?
Facebook uses this feature in its images gallery. E.g. When you click on next photo, the query string changes (using Ajax I suppose) and it shows a new photo without refreshing the whole page. The Ajax appends an anchor (#) and the values od the required photo to the url.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I am building an image gallery that works this way:
1) Clicking on thumbnails on thumb page you reach a page called display.php with the enlargement of the required photo and links for next and previous image.
2) Actually, clicking on next and prev, the whole page is being refreshed. I'd like to avoid that using the fb's solution for its gallery.
Thanx in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
293 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

foreach help.
Hello all,

First time I'm attempting to use a foreach statement and was just wondering if my

unserialize help, getting errors
hi all ,
I got a form with 6 fields (2 input and 4 select box), when the page loads one block is

php/mysql problem
Hey all,

Problem: im trying to setup a shop where people can use a drop-down list to select t

BAPI BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE - material number missing in delivery
Hi Experts,

I was able to successfully create an Inbound delivery with reference to a PO

This is driving me nuts!
This insert query looks to be alright, however I get this error:

QuoteYou have an error in yo

Display the user's weight lost in the past week
Hello everyone,

I am working on a weight loss app for my site, and I want to display the user

Multithreading design
Hi

I have come up with a Singleton class that manages a pool of database connections. Basical

Somebody hacked into my site and changed coding >>> URGENT HELP NEEDED <<<
I am not that much into programming , but somebody is hacking to my site and injecting some kind of

Else statement screws up all css
Does anyone know what goes wrong in the process with this php code?
This code seems to be causing

Save User Inputs while javascript reloading!
hi..
i have written a PHP code in which i reload the page when user selects a value in dropdown..

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash