Need help with unexpected T-STRING error


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm a newbie and I'm still learning PHP. However this error has me stumped. I've googled, searched the forums, but I can't seem to fix this. I'm sure the fix is obvious, but I so new I really need help. Thanks.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /public_html/send.php on line 4

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

function valid_email($str)
{
return ( ! preg_match("/^([a-z0-9+_-]+)(.[a-z0-9+_-]+)*@([a-z0-9-]+.)+[a-z]{2,6}$/ix", $str)) ? FALSE : TRUE;
}

if($_POST['subject']!=""){
echo 'Dirty Spammer! Your message was NOT sent.';
} else {

if( isset($_POST['firstName']) && isset($_POST['lastName']) && isset($_POST['Email']) && valid_email($_POST['Email'])==TRUE && isset($_POST['message']) && strlen($_POST['message'])>15)
{
$to = 'contact@mikemanormusic.com';
$headers = 'From: '.$_POST['Email'].''. "rn" .
'Reply-To: '.$_POST['Email'].'' . "rn" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
$subject = "Your Simple AJAX Contact Form";
$message = htmlspecialchars($_POST['message']);
$spam = $_POST['subject'];

if(mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers))
{//we show the good guy only in one case and the bad one for the rest.
echo 'Thank you '.$_POST['firstName'].'. Your message was sent.';
echo '<noscript> <a href="http://www.yourdomain.com">Back to yourdomain.com</a></noscript>';
}
else {
echo "Message not sent.";
echo "Please make sure you're not running this on localhost and also that you are allowed to run mail() function from your webserver.";
}
}
else {
echo "Please make sure you filled in all the required fields, that you entered a valid email and also that your message contains more then 15 characters.";
echo "<noscript> Use your browser's back button or <a href="http://www.yourdomain.com">click here</a></noscript> to try again.";
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
147 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

LinkedList help
Ok so I just learned quickly about lists, so I have a not too hard project I think, but am having a

Including calander to page - will not show other months than current??
im trying to add an existaing calander onto a profile page by using Code: <?php include "

How to ask a regex question?
Hi, I thought I'd share some of my insight after seeing too many bad questions that either get ignor

Check Digits and extracting digits
I think I can figure out the code for this but I am having a very hard time getting past the first s

Call to undefined function mysql_fetch_accoc()
New to php/mysql coding. What's wrong with this sequence, or am I
just not seeing to obvious?

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

Does deleting the spmlog directory critical?
Hi Everyone,

Please, hope you could help me. We're having problems with the SAP backup. I

Change Age automatically
hi guys . im new to php , is it possible to change age value in mysql automatically when year change

Redistributing dependent dlls
Hai all ,

I have created an application in VC++ using VS2008 in a development machine which r

Save cookie to DB
I'm working on a pixel tracking script for an incentive website and I need to use an ASP script to s

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash