Beginners syntax and loop questions - help please!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with php code. I'm currently in the middle of learning php, but these problems have got me stuck fast. But also have a question regarding looping that i'll ask in the same thread:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Firstly, I keep getting various syntax errors with my table:

PHP Code:
Code: echo "
<table border='1' bordercolor='#FFCC00'>
<style='background-color:#FFFFFF' width='800' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='3'>
<tr>
<td width='200' align='left' rowspan=5>Image</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width='573' align='left'>'Name:$row_details['MerchantName']</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height='27' align='left'>Telephone:$row_details['Telephone']</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height='27' align='left'>Website:$row_details['Website']</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height='54' align='left'>Description:$row_details['Description']</td>
</tr>

</html></body></table>"; it keeps telling me its expecting ";" or "," in various place along with T_Lnumber errors as i mentioned, i'm brand new to coding so im not sure whats happening there, the books and forums I've read dont point to these errors.

Also, I'm not sure if $row_details[''] is the correct code to display results from the database?

And the loop question I have is: Is it possible to get that little table above (once its working) to display 5 times per page. (and i suppose recognise that it need a new page if there more than 5 results)

Sorry this is a huge post but I've been trial and erroring for 2 days and its time to call in the pro's.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
189 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Transaction variant for VA02 not working
My requirement is to have transaction for user to only add the output and print a sales order.

Variable uses and placement
I'm new to PL/SQL and am trying to learn about variable valid uses/placement (any pointers to any do

How to show more than 1 users with this code...
Hello,
i have a table that shows users only if I, as Administrator, want to be shown. But its sho

mysql select query problem
how can i select multiple fields from multiple table in one query like

i have table name t1 a

Sendmail.php - heading error following check_input
Hi,

I would greatly appreciate some help? I am brand new to PHP and have been searching and e

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Help with Hyperlink
Hi,

What I am trying to do may be simple, I just can't get it to work. Ok...

I am usin

Streaming local file from PHP while it’s been written to by a CURL process
I am creating a simple Proxy server for my website. Why I am not using mod_proxy and mod_cache is a

Problem with shopcart code
Hello, I am having a bit of trouble being able to add a product to my shopcart. My mysql database i

need to apply an if/else statement to Tim Thumb script
Not sure how to work this. I essentially want to call a variety of image sizes based on which style

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash