Problems with strings containing
Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey all,

I have encountered something strange in a script. I am trying to write an XML header and then fill in the file:
Code: $xmlFile = "fetchableData.xml";
$fh = fopen($xmlFile, 'r+');

$housingData = updateHousingAndReturnXML();
$xmlData = '<?xml version="1.0" ?>'.$housingData;

// echo $xmlData;

fwrite($fh,$xmlData);
fclose($fh);
This code fills the file with the contents of $housingData, but <?xml version="1.0" ?> is not added. If I break up <? it will add it but then I get errors when parsing the XML.

Echoing the string also doesn't work with <?.

I guess what is happening is that the string is getting parsed by the PHP engine for some reason. Escaping <? doesn't work.

I am assuming I am missing something basic. But the manual doesn't say anything about <? being parsed in strings.

Help?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
263 Like 48 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Undefined index: username HELP NEWBIE
I am trying a simple login/logout for my website. It works well with checking if the username exists

How to change www in url with a specified name
Hi
I'm trying to change the url http://www.sitename.com/apparels to something like below
http:

Relative path
I have a absolute path to an image - like so: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/

Problems with array
This code is the last lines in an upload script that uploads 4 images at the same time and writes th

Uploading/Downloading files stored in MySQL database
Hey all,

This problem just came up in my website and I'm having a hard time figuring out what

How to ... (FAQs)
... get e-mail notifications As several people asked how to get e-mail notifications when new posti

help countdown timers
hello every one,

I'd like to know how to insert many countdowns in the same page.
The dura

retrieving images from mysql database using php
So I've been trying to figure out how to store images in a mysql database, and as far as i can tell

Remote Database Access
Hey guys!!

OK, i'm used to only working with databases from the CPANEL, accessing phpMyAdmin

mod_rewrite.c on windows ??
why it's not working on windows while it's working on other hosts???

this is the code i got

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash