Problem in String replace program's output

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,
I was trying to make a program which accepts a string and replaces it with another string accepted using pointers.The code following is error free but on executing it doesnot produce correct result.I have supplied the output below the code. Help me to fix the error.

#include #include void main() { char *str,*str1; clrscr(); printf("n Enter the string"); gets(str); printf("n Enter the string with which you want to replace 1st string"); gets(str1); printf(" string are : t"); puts(str); printf("t"); puts(str1); while(1) { if(*str1 !='') { *str=*str1; ++str; ++str1; } if(*str1 =='') { break; } } printf("n New String is t"); puts(str); getch(); }
Output Enter the string Suvo Enter the string with which you want to replace 1st string k string are Suvo k New String is uvo
Also please tell me how can I print the current character pointed bu a char pointer(string). For testing the behavior of pointers inside the while loop I tried using printf but it shows weird chars like splecial chars(play button, heart, spade etc)

Thanks in advance

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
311 Like 41 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Checking if multidimensional array is empty?
I have a for with multiple test input fields. Specifically the user submits multiple names and ages

How do i do multi uploads?.
Hey i would like to do this : http://hosting.mrkrabz.net/

I've got the base down you can uplo

Email "$"
Hello!!

Any PHP guy with a bit of a knowledge in Flash ?

When I send a JPEG from flash

default SAP userid
hi,, I just like to know if it is ok to use the default SAP user id (SAP*)?

Email logic not working
I would like to send an email using the php email() function then if it does execute i.e sends i wou

how to load php class from another domain?
how to load php class from another domain?

Problem with variable declaration in switch statement
Hello, I am having some trouble assigning a value to a variable inside a switch statement. What I a

=> and <=
So I was digging through some code when I came across the <= operator. This is the first tim

Undefined offset when using a flat file with pipe symbols
Hi, I've got a flat file/text file which I'm currently using as a member database for my site (not a

Character increment
Hi,

I am facing a scenario like above,but in my case i want to show up like Col A,Col B etc..

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash