Sorting JTable on more than just the values listed in the columns

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a collection of objects that store (among other things) two integer values. I only want to display one of these values. The displayed value will dictate the sort order of the JTable.

However, I want to break ties with the other, undisplayed, integer value.

I've gone through the trouble of specifying my own Comparator for the TableRowSorter. However, this method doesn't have access to the row index into the table. It is only passed the values in the column that is being sorted, not their position in the column. Without having a reference back to the row index (which I use as an index to the collection of objects) I cannot get the secondary value, unless I also display this value in its own column and sort on Sort Keys.

I don't want to do that, because I feel it clutters up the look of the table.

For example, I have the two sets of numbers

Row Name | Displayed Value | Undisplayed Value
rowA | 7 | 3
rowB | 7 | 5

With this set of data, rowB should be listed above rowA. Any ideas on how to implement this.

I'm pretty new to Swing, so there could be something simple that I'm missing (hopefully).

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
296 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Strange PHP/mySQL error ... am I just tired?
Code: <?

## CONNECT TO DB FUNCTION!
function ConnectTo($db2con)
{
$hostNam

Convert .fdf to .pdf
I currently have a web form that uploads the form data to an .fdf file and emails it.

However

Create comparison matrix?
I want to create a comparison script for forum software and was wondering is there any tutorial or b

PHP - MySQL Fail
My PHP code will only execute the first part of my code...

Code: <?php

sessio

Using loop to count number of entries
I'm writing a program that must ask user to type in numbers. After each entry, the program has to re

How to Create a Dynamic table
col1 col2 date1 date2 date3 date4..........
a b v1 v2 v3 v4

Download Image from URL and Upload it
Ok, I have been googling for the last 1/2 hour trying to figure this out, Most likely I'm just not s

What am I missing here? Help!
Hello all!. I can't seem to get this working right. Well - it renders right, but something is goin

CRM?
I think that's what they're called. Customer Management System? Anyway. Is there any good free ones

UDS 4.0 Datatype issue
UDS 4.0.322 -- connecting to NI Labview 9.0

When using connection method: Cache with live

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash