SQL Query/echo not working


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hey all,

I'm trying to run (what I thought) was a simple operation and it isn't working. I haven't coded anything in about 2 years, and I'm self taught at that so I know I've got quite a few gaps in my knowledge base.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here's what is running right now:

Code: <?php

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","adminaccount","adminpassword");
if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db("mornin14_idiot2009", $con);

$id = $_GET['id'];

$query = "SELECT * FROM idiot WHERE index = '15'"; //I want this to say WHERE index = $id, but I'm testing this with just a #
$result = mysql_query($query);

$numrows = mysql_num_rows($result);


for ($x=0; $x<$numrows; $x++){
$result_row = mysql_fetch_row($result);
echo $result_row[0];
echo "<br />";
echo $result_row[1];
echo "<br />";
echo $result_row[3];
echo "<br />";
echo $result_row[5];
echo "<br />";

}


?>


Now it should only be returning one row since I'm checking for a specific index #.

When I just do a basic select * from idiot and omit the where clause, it works fine and dumps the whole table in the for loop. But if I try a specific where, it falls apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
196 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ASP.NET 2.0 - Enter Key - Default Submit Button
Hi,One of the most annoying things in developing web pages is handling the "Enter key" for form subm

How to submit a form to the same page?
I have a table containing information about books in my library and this table has the following col

Looking for help on using joining mysql tables and php....
Does anyone have any good links to references on how to pull mysql data, through joining tables and

Why will this program not run if the variables are not global?
Hey guys I have a kind of perplexing situation that is probably simple, but I can't seem to understa

mysql_real_escape_string making variable equal nothing
i post a form and i post the variable:
Code: $var = $_POST[variable];then i echo $var its what i

Why doesn't this work? (SSH2)
This is my script:

Code: <?php
$connection = ssh2_connect('213.251.167.109', 22);

url- go to webpage
i have an input text field and submit button.

how do i make the url entered into the textfiel

Problem displaying "scraped" XML data
I'm basicly having trouble displaying XML data scraped from an URL using cURL.

What the code

Multithreading design
Hi

I have come up with a Singleton class that manages a pool of database connections. Basical

undefined offset help
Hi All,

I kept getting undefined offset PHP notice for a simple for loop. For eg
$va = arr

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash