timed header image rotation


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a joomla site and I was trying to setup a rotating image based on timing NOT just refreshing the page.

I found this code (i didn't write it) which works to load images but does not switch them with timing. Can someone help me so that it will rotate a new image from the folder every 8 seconds?

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php
/*
By Matt Mullenweg > http://photomatt.net
Inspired by Dan Benjamin > http://hiveware.com/imagerotator.php
Latest version always at:
http://photomatt.net/scripts/randomimage
*/// Make this the relative path to the images, like "../img" or "random/images/".
// If the images are in the same directory, leave it blank.
$folder = '';

// Space seperated list of extensions, you probably won't have to change this.
$exts = 'jpg jpeg png gif';

$files = array(); $i = -1; // Initialize some variables
if ('' == $folder) $folder = './';

$handle = opendir($folder);
$exts = explode(' ', $exts);
while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) {
foreach($exts as $ext) { // for each extension check the extension
if (preg_match('/.'.$ext.'$/i', $file, $test)) { // faster than ereg, case insensitive
$files[] = $file; // it’s good
++$i;
}
}
}
closedir($handle); // We’re not using it anymore
mt_srand((double)microtime()*1000000); // seed for PHP < 4.2
$rand = mt_rand(0, $i); // $i was incremented as we went along

header('Location: '.$folder.$files[$rand]); // Voila!
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
245 Like 5 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

dropdown box help - open php files to textarea
Hi, I am using tinymce to edit content located in several php files. The code I attached works but i

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

php is not recognized as an internal or external command
Hello,

I am trying to bake the code in CakePHP through my console.
I have changed my Path

Confusing Functions
So, I've been reading up on Functions and I like them! However, I need some help using variables in

Modal Popup Help
Hi guys, I have a modal popup with an iframe. How can i send data from a label or textbox to the ifr

Upload, SSL and more php help
I recently just installed a ssl cert and do i use https for the whole site or just for the checkout.

check comment for html
hi, I just wanted to check if a comment a user posts contains HTML, and if it does, to not allow it

Just cannot get 'area' to submit to db using same php code as already used
Basically all i have done is just modified some code and added an area section.
The form is allre

Need some ideas as to how to go about sorting this array...
Here's how the array's are created..

Code: <?php
while ($x = readdir($dp)) {

php ajax - two drop down list with a submit button
i have created a form with 2 drop-down list and a submit button. I would like to know how to pass th

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash