Unique Visitor Tracking


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. Currently, I run a voting site where voters are tracked by their IP address and can only vote once every 12 hours.

The system works well, except it can be exploited very easily. Visitor's only need to renew their ip to be allowed to vote again.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have captcha in place to prevent bots from doing this, but if someone were dedicated, they could get a lot of free votes.

Does anyone have a better way to track such things? Cookies will not work either. It's easier to get around than an IP. Perhaps I'll have to use a language other than PHP?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
165 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Email to a friend script problems
I have this send-to-a-friend script with 2 issues:


1) When you open the form popup on a p

C - Reading a file into a byte array
Hi,

I'm trying to read a file into a byte array in C. I have to use C as this is for a loadru

Material Master Update through BAPI - Follow up material not updated
Hi Experts,

I am updating the material master through a custom transaction using the BAPI

Is there a quick way to do this?
Hi all,

I need to create a mysql table from php that goes a little something like this

filesize problem
i use ubuntu 9.10 and i have mountet a folder from an windows

/mount/FOLDER
/mount/FOLDER/

Problems with strings containing
Hey all,

I have encountered something strange in a script. I am trying to write an XML heade

fopen() security
As i understood the usage of fopen() for it to function correctly the Dir you write to has to be rw

Filename like the user name
I am creating a form and storing the values in file. Could anyone please tell me how to write a code

generating random codes
Hi guys n gals,

I have a requirement to generate 250,000 unique codes...

These codes a

IS Retail & Manufacturing
Hi

Can IS Retail and Manufacturing activities be done in same instance ie. in same client

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash