Unique Visitor Tracking

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. Currently, I run a voting site where voters are tracked by their IP address and can only vote once every 12 hours.

The system works well, except it can be exploited very easily. Visitor's only need to renew their ip to be allowed to vote again.

I have captcha in place to prevent bots from doing this, but if someone were dedicated, they could get a lot of free votes.

Does anyone have a better way to track such things? Cookies will not work either. It's easier to get around than an IP. Perhaps I'll have to use a language other than PHP?

Thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
165 Like 14 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

PHP File Upload Problem
Hi, I have written a very simple file upload script but it fails for reasons I can't explain. Hope

Looping Problem
I've got a client that has a database with about 200 events at any given time. I'm trying to loop t

Help with lottery style system?
I'm working on a currency system for forums and it is going to have a type of lottery system built i

highlighting search terms
well, I started this in the regular PHP section, but it no longer fits there. Suffice it to say, I'm

passing an array of objects after submit
How do I do this? This is what I have tried and it is not working.

<form method="

Registration
ok so i have a site where people can register and login which works now thanks to someone on here th

PHP and Javascript
Hi Guys,

Im trying to load the contents of an html file into a text area for editing, this is

ALV List display - header width adjust
Hi,

I am using REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY for my ALV display.The width of the ALV varies for

how to populate a drop down box
Hi buddies!

PROCEDURE DOWNLOAD_REPORT_FORM (report_name varchar) is begin DOWNLO

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash