Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, using the same source port.
So I bind to the same local port which works, and connect to the remote IP : port which works as well, but then randomly only one of the two sockets will receive data from the stack, even though packets are arriving on the network for both.

In this code, the local UDP port is always 13398; the first time this code is called, the destination is 192.168.13.45:6970 and the second time it's 192.168.13.45:6972.
What would cause only one of the sockets to receive data afterwards? Also it's randomly the first or the second one that receive data, but once both sockets are binded and connected, only that random one will receive data.

Thanks!

SOCKET serverSock = ::socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,IPPROTO_UDP);
int i=1;
if ( setsockopt(serverSock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, (char *)&i, sizeof(i)) != 0 ) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not set SO_REUSEADDR: %s"), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
}

SOCKADDR_IN saServer, dest;
memset(&saServer,0,sizeof(saServer));
saServer.sin_family = AF_INET;
saServer.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY; // Since this is a server, any address will do
saServer.sin_port = htons(m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort()); // Convert int to a value for the port field
int ret = bind(serverSock, (struct sockaddr *) &saServer, sizeof(saServer));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not bind to udp port 1: %d, %s"), m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort(), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}

memset(&dest,0,sizeof(dest));
dest.sin_family=AF_INET;
dest.sin_addr.s_addr=m_deviceIP;
dest.sin_port = htons(m_devicePort1);
ret = connect(serverSock, (sockaddr *) &dest, sizeof(dest));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Failed to connect to udp 1: %s:%d, %s"), inet_ntoa(dest.sin_addr), m_devicePort1, GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
202 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with ORDER BY
Hello. I would like to order by ascending States, then Cities, then Gyms in the following code, but

Just wondering what you think about my site
I am new to phpfreaks i just seen this form and thought it would be cool to see what other thought a

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

PHP Include not working
The website is http://www.grlistingservices.com

The code block is as follows:

<

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

Reading waves
Hi,

I am trying to find a way of finding the highs and lows on a graph line, the line points

controlling/creating accounts with privileges
hi all,
i'm trying to figure out how i can create/control account with privileges, for instance a

strtotime issue
Hey all,

I'm playing around with some code, and basically the idea is:

Person changes

captcha error
I have been trying to implement a captcha in php...

here is the code..
Code: (php) [Select

Update not working ... please help
Hi,

I am trying to update a row using an edit form by passing id of the row .. but it is not

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash