Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, using the same source port.
So I bind to the same local port which works, and connect to the remote IP : port which works as well, but then randomly only one of the two sockets will receive data from the stack, even though packets are arriving on the network for both.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
In this code, the local UDP port is always 13398; the first time this code is called, the destination is 192.168.13.45:6970 and the second time it's 192.168.13.45:6972.
What would cause only one of the sockets to receive data afterwards? Also it's randomly the first or the second one that receive data, but once both sockets are binded and connected, only that random one will receive data.

Thanks!

SOCKET serverSock = ::socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM,IPPROTO_UDP);
int i=1;
if ( setsockopt(serverSock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, (char *)&i, sizeof(i)) != 0 ) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not set SO_REUSEADDR: %s"), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
}

SOCKADDR_IN saServer, dest;
memset(&saServer,0,sizeof(saServer));
saServer.sin_family = AF_INET;
saServer.sin_addr.s_addr = INADDR_ANY; // Since this is a server, any address will do
saServer.sin_port = htons(m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort()); // Convert int to a value for the port field
int ret = bind(serverSock, (struct sockaddr *) &saServer, sizeof(saServer));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Could not bind to udp port 1: %d, %s"), m_manager->GetLocalUDPPort(), GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}

memset(&dest,0,sizeof(dest));
dest.sin_family=AF_INET;
dest.sin_addr.s_addr=m_deviceIP;
dest.sin_port = htons(m_devicePort1);
ret = connect(serverSock, (sockaddr *) &dest, sizeof(dest));
if (ret != 0) {
logger.warn(_T("Failed to connect to udp 1: %s:%d, %s"), inet_ntoa(dest.sin_addr), m_devicePort1, GetWSATextError(WSAGetLastError()));
return false;
}
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
202 Like 12 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Uploading files/images via forms
Hey all, I am building a database for work that will contain some minor data on plant species along

Are sessions secure at all?..
I haven't really gotten into yet, but I was just thinking of something weird..

Lets say you h

HTML Viewer HIDE scrollbar
How can I disable scrollbars in a HTML Viewer control? I can't hide them. Even i have enough space b

Showing selected item at top of list
Hi,

I've got a list of names which i am fetching from database like this:
$qry = db_query

How to display random record from table?
I have the following code:

Code: <?php
$display_block .= "<input type=

Need help to modify php ELSE code
I'm trying to find a way to have the php code display a message if there is no inventory listed in t

Probably a simple error...
I'm getting the error -- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/c/s/t/csteffen24

I need help on this PHP code
Hi everybody, I made some kind of mistake while editing the code below. As you see, at the 3 row my

How to use php and sql to check if values match the ones in a table (for logins)
How would I code it that the script takes two variables that are passed to it (UserID and PIN), and

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash